EDIT: OR - Marmot PreCip Full Zip Pants -Alex Legg

  • Ray
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 26, 2011
      Hello again Alex, it looks like you get me again. I am taking of for almost a full week though so let's get on this one fast. It should go well as I can see you have applied everything you learned from the first one. Good job.

      First off. Email me your pictures in their raw uncropped format and I will redo them for you with Photoshop and send them back. I don't do this often for folks but want to hurry the process along to help both of us. ;-)

      As you recall the edit format is
      EDIT: must be changed

      Post a corrected version in the test folder and REPOST here.

      Ray

      ***There are two zipper handles, one on the top and one on the bottom.

      Edit: these are most commonly called zipper pulls

      ***There is a flap at the ankle that snaps into place over the zipper allowing for a snug fit against my boots.

      Comment: it also keeps the zipper from pulling apart/open while hiking

      ***The waist is tightened by two hook-and-loop flaps that snug up to my proportions quite well.

      Comment: in the specs you said that it has a 42" waist as opposed to the 40-42" listed by Marmot. Does the hook and loop closure not allow for any adjustment?

      ***With the temperature around 40 F (4 C) and a wet flurry of snow quickly covering the trail and myself in sopping wet snow,

      EDIT: you should drop the "of snow" as it becomes redundant. Like this:

      With the temperature around 40 F (4 C) and a wet flurry quickly covering the trail and myself in sopping wet snow

      ***I read on http://marmot.com/ that it may be necessary to wash the pants often to keep the PreCip coating working properly, but I have never had any issues. I figure that the rain and snow wash it thoroughly enough.

      Comment: it is actually to get out the dirt and body oils that clog the micropours of the MPB membrane. At some point it stops functioning as a breathable material, plus the DWR gets reactivated in the dryer.

      ***I am still a bit more careful around cactus than I would be with a thick pare of jeans

      EDIT: "pair"

      ***They keep my legs dry whether I am in the rain, the snow, of just trekking

      EDIT: "or" just trekking