EDIT: REPOST: OR: Sierra Desings Utopia 15 Degree Sleeping Bag - Denver Allen

  • Ben Mansfield
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 17 6:04 AM
      Denver,

      Your OR is looking much better.  I have just a few more minor edits
      for you.  Once you've made these please REPOST to the list one more
      time.  In addition, please also upload a copy of your report in HTML
      to the Owner Review test folder.  You can find it at the end of the
      list of reviews on the main BGT page (though it only appears if you
      are logged in), or directly, here:  http://tinyurl.com/4mfwa

      When you repost also please include a link to your file in the test folder.

      Your edits are below, and follow the same format as before:

      EDIT: must be changed
      Edit: should be changed, but ultimately your call
      Comment: just a comment

      Thanks again for the nice report.
      -Ben

      -----------------------

      ### making it a perfect 15 F degree (-9.43 C) bag.
      ### Edit: thanks for the unit conversion. -9.43 might be a little
      overly precise. Most testers just round where it makes sense, and
      indeed the manufacturer even rounds on their website. Consider (-9 C)
      instead.

      ### It has a nice big hood with a pocket underneath to keep your
      camping pillow in place.
      ### EDIT: to keep *my* camping pillow in place

      ### The regular length is plenty long with some room to spare for my 5'9" body,
      ### my 5' 9" (1.75 m) body,

      ### I have taken this bag camping in many situations I've owned
      ### EDIT: Think you missed a period after situations.

      ### lows of 20 F degree (-6.66 C)
      ### EDIT: no need to include 'degree', and you can round to -7 C.

      ### and warmer summer nights of around 60 F degrees (15.56 C)
      ### EDIT: same as above. no need for 'degrees' and you can round to 16 C.

      ### in an altitude range between 6,000 to 11,000 ft
      ### EDIT: convert... between 6,000 and 11,000 ft (1800 - 3400 m)
      ### Edit: between is a little awkward to read here. consider an
      altitude range from 6,000 to 11,000 ft (1800 - ...)

      ### more on the cold side, thus the 15 F (-9.43 C)
      ### EDIT: same as above. (-9 C) is sufficient.

      ### Being a 15 F degree (-9.43 C) bag
      ### EDIT: (-9 C)

      ### (I'd always rather use my regular pillow if given the chance of cours)
      ### EDIT: course.

      ### I'm about 5' 9" (about 175 cm) and I got the regular bag
      ### Edit: for consistency, you might use 1.75 m like you did in your bio.

      ### Being a 15 F degree (-9.43 C) bag also has it's drawbacks
      ### EDIT:( -9 C)
      ### EDIT: has *its* drawbacks (it's is a common mistake, it's a
      contraction for 'it is')
      ### Comment: I know, I made you convert all of these units and then I
      told you to change the conversion. Sorry to be a pain, but we want to
      make sure we follow normal conventions.

      ### I have a 55 L (3356 cu in) bag and it takes up about 1/3 of the space in it!
      ### Edit: you could probably round this conversion as well. Most
      manufacturers would call that a 3400 cu in pack.
    • Ben Mansfield
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 26, 2011
        Denver,
        Thanks to Jamie and Ray I found the edited version of your report.  It
        looks much better, there is only one thing left to fix...

        ### Manufacturer's Website: http://www.sierradesigns.com
        ### EDIT: In the html version that gets posted to the website, this
        link has to be click-able so that the reader can go from your review
        to the manufacturer's website to learn more or buy one for themselves.

        To do this, you have to go to the "Links" tab in the report writer.
        Then you have to type in the link to the boxes under "Link 1"... in
        your case this will be http://www.sierradesigns.com in both boxes.
        Then go back in the editor to the paragraph where you have the
        manufacturer's website, and replace the text version of
        "http://www.sierradesigns.com" with <<LINK 1>>. When you create the
        html version to post it will automatically replace <<LINK 1>> with a
        clickable version of the link, which is exactly what we need to get
        this report completed.

        This is all explained in the BGT report writer documentation which you
        can get from here: http://tinyurl.com/44pzxn5 (see the paragraph that
        starts with "Educational links for using the report writer are here:")

        Once done, please REPOST again, make sure you put your report in the
        owner review test folder here: http://tinyurl.com/4mfwa and not in
        the correct spot just yet. Once we make sure that link is click-able
        then I'll reply on-list, but instead of "EDIT:..." it'll say
        "APPROVAL:... " with instructions on posting your final report.

        Thanks, let me know if you have any questions.

        -Ben
      • Denver Allen
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 31, 2011
          Ben,

          Apparently I didn't upload it properly, you should be able to see it in the test file now.  Thanks again!

          Denver

          ________________________________

        • jetriple@rockwellcollins.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 31, 2011
            Yep - It's there now, Denver. Ben was asking that you include a link.
            Something like:

            http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/test/OWNER%20REVIEWS/OR%20-%20Sierra%20Designs%20Utopia%2015%20-%20Denver%20Bauter/
            -or-
            http://tinyurl.com/3bgbemz

            Using Tinyurl.com shortens links and prevents problems some folks have
            with long links wrapping and getting broken.

            Jet

            Denver Allen <denverbauter123@...>
            Sent by: BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com
            10/31/2011 01:32 PM
            Please respond to
            BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com

            "BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com" <BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com>
            cc

            Subject
            Re: [BackpackGearTest] EDIT: REPOST: OR: Sierra Desings Utopia 15 Degree

            To read our reviews, please visit http://www.backpackgeartest.org/Yahoo!
            Groups Links