Owner Review - Condor 3 day assault pack

  • Andrew Pilon
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 12, 2011
      Condor 3-Day Assault Pack
      Owner Review
      8/12/11
      By: Andrew Pilon

      Tester Information:
      Name: Andrew Pilon
      Age: 18
      Gender: Male
      Height: 5’ 10”
      Weight: 160
      E-mail: andrewpilon@...
      City, State, Country: Hudson, New Hampshire, USA

      Backpacking Background: I am a light to mid-weight hiker who only carries the essentials. I like to hike during every season and rain or shine. I appreciate durable and quality gear.

      Initial Report:
      8/12/11

      Product Information:
      Manufacturer: Condor
      Model: 3 Days Assault Pack
      Manufacturer URL: www.condoroutdoor.com
      Year of Manufacturer: N/A
      MSRP: $100
      Manufacturers Weight: 6lbs.
      Measured Weight: 5lbs. 12oz.
      Country of Origin: Imported

      Product Description: This pack is amazing. Large compartment fits all kinds of equipment. There is a separate compartment that holds two(2) hydration bladders. Padded shoulder straps, waist belt and sternum strap. Heavy duty carry handle and side compression straps. Padded back that is very comfortable. Grommets in all compartments. Numerous internal mesh pockets. 3038 cubic inch volume. Dimensions: 22” H, 17” W, 11” D.

      Initial Impressions: When I first got this backpack my attention was drawn towards the quality. The material that it is made out of is very durable and strong. The double zippers are awesome and very tough. The shoulder straps are comfortable and strong. I could tell it was a great product before I even used it.

      Field Report
      8/12/11

      Field Performance: This backpack has held up extremely well during hikes and kept my equipment dry while it was raining. It was comfortable to wear while mountain biking. It was great on longer trips because it is able to hold two (2) hydration bladders.

      Key Features: Durable construction, internal mesh pockets, double zipper, M.O.L.L.E.

      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 14, 2011
        Hi Andrew,

        Welcome to BackpackGearTest.org

        Thank you for your Owner Review and your interest in becoming a tester. Unfortunately, as it stands now your review is lacking in several areas and cannot be accepted for editing at this time. It is not uncommon for new writers to need a bit more help before their first OR is ready for the editing process. At this point you have two options:

        1) Mentoring Program – This program teams new reviewers with experienced veterans to help get them through their first review(s). If you'd like more assistance or guidance with the process you can request a mentor by sending an email to Mentor(at)backpackgeartest.org - Please use MENTOR REQUEST in the subject line.

        2) Take a second look at our Owner Review requirements spelled out in the How to Become a Tester section of our webpage (link below). In addition to this material we suggest reading some recently approved owner reviews to get a feel for what the BGT standards are.

        Regardless of which option you take, we certainly hope you will give it another go. Our standards are high but that benefits us all. We look forward to seeing your review again in the near future.

        Edit Administration Manager