OWNER REVIEW - Black Diamond - Speed 30

  • basketcase1222
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2 8:08 PM
      Black Diamond - Speed 30

      Chris De Bowes
      20 year old
      Male
      6'1"
      145 lbs
      basketcase1222@...
      Montrose, CO, USA
      May 02 2011

      Backpacking Background: I recently started backpacking in the last three years, used to only camp as far as my car could drive. I started with overnight trips and just recently started multiday trips. I normally pack more than I should; just because I like to do as much as I can while I'm out of the house. My favorite terrain is high sharp cliffs with waterfalls and aspen, blue spruce trees.

      Product information:
      Manufacturer: Black Diamond LTD.
      Year: 2009
      http://www.blackdiamondequipment.com/en-us/
      2 lb 5 oz med
      MSRP: $80.95
      All purpose day pack for almost any environment.

      Field information:
      Spring cave Meeker Co, Juneau AK; Mendenhall glacier, Big Cimarron Cimarron CO.

      From the first day I bought this pack I loved it, its extremely comfortable, light weight, and has lots of straps and two large pockets. I have used this pack in: Craig Colorado while hunting, backpacking, and hiking; Meeker Colorado, speeding threw spring cave trying to get to the end and back before days end; Juneau Alaska on vacation, hiking up to and around Mendenhall glacier; not to mention all the climbing, hiking and other random trips. This pack has made it threw the dirt and mud of spring cave; water and snow of Juneau Alaska; 12 mile hike threw Big cimarron; with no damage to speak of yet.

      Overall I would recommend this to any one looking for a light, comfortable, well made pack.

      Pro's:
      1. Weight
      2. Space available
      3. Comfort

      Con's:
      1. The top of the bag could have been reinforced better were the top pack clips to the harness.
      2. none
      3. none
      Message 2 of 2 , May 23 11:46 AM
        Welcome to BackpackGearTest.org Chris.

        Thank you for your Owner Review and your interest in becoming a tester. Unfortunately, as it stands now your review is lacking in some areas and cannot be accepted for editing at this time. It is not uncommon for new writers to need a bit more help before their first OR is ready for the editing process. At this point you have two options:

        1) Mentoring Program – This program teams new reviewers with experienced veterans to help get them through their first review(s). If you'd like more assistance or guidance with the process you can request a mentor by sending an email to Mentor(at)backpackgeartest.org - Please use MENTOR REQUEST in the subject line.

        2) Take a second look at our Owner Review requirements spelled out in the How to Become a Tester section of our webpage (link below). In addition to this material we suggest reading some recently approved owner reviews to get a feel for what the BGT standards are.

        Regardless of which option you take, we certainly hope you will give it another go. Our standards are high but that benefits us all. We look forward to seeing your review again in the near future.

        Edit Administration Manager