EDIT/APPROVAL: OR - MEC Silk Bag Liner - Andrea Murland

  • Andrew Buskov
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 13, 2011
      Andrea,

      Here are your edits. Follow the usual EDIT, Edit, Comment convention. Please
      let me know if you have any questions. Nice report!

      AB
      ______________________

      Manufacturer's URL: www.mec.ca
      Model: Silk Bag Liner Mummy
      Year of Manufacture: Assumed 2008
      ###Edit: Why assumed? Just put the year purchased, that will suffice most
      times.

      The MEC Silk Bag Liner is a mummy-shaped sleeping bag liner made from 100%
      silk.
      It is sewn into a mummy shape with seams along both edges and through the
      footbox. The liner has a hood, and the manufacturer specifies that it has a
      pillow sleeve. I guess that's what the big flap at the top of the hood is
      for;
      I don't use a pillow so I wrap that flap around my head. It has a stuff sack
      sewn into the side seam near the top of the body.

      The size small is specified to fit people up to 5 ft 6 in (168 cm) tall, the
      medium for people up to 6 ft (183 cm) tall, and the long for people up to 6
      ft 6
      in (198 cm) tall.

      Because the liner has an opening only at the head end, I slide into it from
      the
      top. I am shorter than the liner, so I usually wrap the hood part of the
      liner
      (the pillow sleeve, actually) around my head, and it can comfortably cover
      my
      face if I want.

      The liner packs tightly into its stuff sack without really any extra space
      at
      all.
      ###Edit: Lots of little one sentence paragraphs... can you combine?
    • ringrat55
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 14, 2011
        Got it. Thanks Andrew!