Edit - Osprey Kestrel 48 backpack - Zach Ainslie

  • richardglyon
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 24, 2010
      Zach,

      Welcome to BackpackGearTest.org, and thanks for your Owner Review. I especially welcome a Philadelphian, as I grew up nearby and went to college there. I've been assigned to edit your Osprey OR. Before I can do so, however, it needs to be revised to conform to a number of our protocols.

      1. Let's start from the top. All Owner Reviews (and, once you start testing gear, Test Reports) must have a title. At the beginning of your Review, preferably in larger type, put "Osprey Kestrel 48 Backpack" on the first line, "Owner Review by Zach Ainslie" on the second, and the date on the third.

      2. An editor can't edit an OR until the author uploads the html version in the Tests/Owner Review folder at www.backpackgeartest.org After making the revisions identified in this post, (1) post the html version of the Review to the Tests/Owner Reviews folder; (2) repost the plain text of the Review here, with REPOST, the product's name, and your name in the subject line; and (3) begin the posting here with a tinyurl link to the html version. Note that photographs are required in all ORs and Test Reports except your first OR, and encouraged there.

      3. Your personal backpacking bio should include some notion of your style – preferred shelter type, typical pack weight, whether you hike solo or with others, and so forth. Be mindful of our 100-word limit when revising.

      4. All measurements and distances must include metric conversions, and temperatures must include both Fahrenheit and Celsius. You'll find a handy conversion table on BGT's website. At the bottom of the table are our required abbreviations.

      5. Editors are not spell checkers; we expect the reviewer to proofread any Review (or Test Report segment) for spelling and grammar before posting it. Among your many misspellings are the following words: region, Adirondacks, Osprey, comfortable, also, multiple. Get a spell checker for your software program and proofread your Review carefully before reposting.

      Here's what I'd like you to do. Read message no. 79856, which contains some basic information for new members, and message no. 79850, which our list administrator addressed to you regarding this OR. Carefully study the Survival Guide (accessible when you follow the "How to Become a Tester" tab) on general report requirements.

      I strongly recommend that you request a mentor. In our mentor program a veteran tester will work with you to get you acquainted with BGT rules and customs. To do so, please send an email to mentor AT backpackgeartest DOT org with "Mentor Request" in the subject line, and one will be assigned.

      When you've addressed ALL the corrections noted in this post, follow the procedure outlined in paragraph 2 above.

      This message isn't intended to scare you away; if you stick with us I think you'll find the process isn't too difficult once you learn the rules. Those rules are necessary for BGT to maintain its standards for all uploaded reviews and test reports.

      Cheers, Richard Lyon
      BGT Editor