EDIT/Approval - Therm-a-Rest Prolite - Jerry Adams

  • richardglyon
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 6, 2010
      Jerry,

      Excellent report, and I especially like your drawing with the dimensions. A few edits, in the standard format; after revising you're cleared to upload. Use the existing folder, which appears to include a test of the same bag as you own. Be sure to indicate "Owner Review" and also to delete your Tests/OR folder copy.

      Cheers, Richard

      <<My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.>> [In your bio]
      Edit: Not really necessary for this OR

      <<Manufacturer: Cascade Designs>>
      EDIT: Cascade Designs, Inc.

      <<Dimensions 20x72x1 inch (51x183x2.5 cm)>>
      EDIT: Add spaces between the measurements and the x: 20 x 72 x 1 inch (51 x 83 x 2.5 cm)

      <<At the end of test period. >>
      Edit: Not really a test period for an OR. Maybe "Just before writing this report." Up to you.

      <<If I had worked harder I probably could have got it a little smaller.>>
      EDIT: gotten it

      <<The standard for lightweightness is a closed cell foam mattress, which there are several models that weigh 14 ounces (400 g). >>
      EDIT: of which there are

      <<Another new mattress for Therm-a-Rest is the Neo-Air, which weighs 15 ounces which is even closer in weight to the closed cell foam pad, but the Neo-Air isn't self inflating and it costs an extra US$50, which is a lot to pay to save 1 ounce (28 g) compared to the Prolite.>>
      EDIT: By mentioning the Neo-Air you're engaging in a shoot out, which BGT doesn't allow. I think you can make your point without mentioning the Neo-Air by name and not using the MSRP differential ("significantly more expensive" might work.)

      <<The elevation gain was from little to 10,000 feet (3000 m).>>
      Edit/Comment: "elevation gain" or "elevation"? 10,000 feet is a huge elevation gain!

      <<If I used my sleeping bag on top of the mattress as is typically done, I would be a little concerned that I'de slip off the mattress over the night.>>
      EDIT: I'd slip off [spelling]

      <<Waterproofness: My old self inflating mattress absorbed water a little on it's surface which was a minor annoyance. >>
      EDIT: its surface [no apostrophe]
      Edit: Here and elsewhere, anytime you use "self-inflating" as an adjective, a hyphen is proper.
    • jerry adams
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 6, 2010
        Thanks for the edits

        Edited, uploaded, deleted

        Elevation gain was 10,000 feet - over 4 nights so not too bad