REMINDER - OOP and BIP notices

  • Kathy Waters
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 29, 2010
      Hey you all!

      I have noticed a lot of OOP notices being posted in the Yahoo Group lists.

      REMINDER - There is an official OOP form that is supposed to be filled out
      on the main site. (You need to be signed in to access it.) This form is the
      place BGT administration goes to look for OOP notices from the members, not
      here.

      This is for a few reasons.

      1.) It is to keep you safer by not letting the world see when you are going
      to be away from your home, valuables, and possibly family members.

      2.) It makes it easier for Moderators, Monitors, Test Managers and Editors
      to find and track the OOP notices. The form puts them all in one place
      rather than the quagmire that is Yahoo Groups. I don't know about the other
      Admin, but my dwindling powers of memorization are reserved for things other
      than OOP notices and I hate searching through Yahoo Groups lists!

      3.) Using the OOP form eliminates the need for you to remember to post a
      BIP!

      4.) It keeps the Yahoo Group lists from being clogged with non-vital posts.

      Certain folk will still need to post OOP notices here. For example, since I
      am BridGeT's personal slave, you probably need to know why I am ignoring
      your pleas for extensions and such, so I will continue to let you know when
      I am gone.

      On the Owner Review group site, the editors "may" post (but only if they
      choose to do so) as it is the only way for the writers to know why the edits
      may be taking a while.

      Please use the OOP form. For those of you who already do ... thank you!

      Kathy