EDIT: OR: Gerber Gator Folding Knife - Joshua Reed

  • themiddlesister1951
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 10, 2010
      Joshua,

      Welcome to BackpackGearTest.org! I'll be your editor for this first very fine Owner Review. I have just a few edits for you.

      After the corrections, you need to upload your HTML file to the Owner
      Review test folder so I can check out your HTML. When you repost, you must put a link in the e-mail to that file location so I can view the uploaded file. Actually, the HTML file must always be uploaded to the OR Test folder and the URL of that file must be posted in your email text posting to the list.

      At that time, I'll check out the HTML and, if all is OK, give you the go ahead to upload. Please remember to use "REPOST" when you report the plain text of your corrected OR to the list. When you repost, make sure that you have in the subject line "REPOST: Owner Review - Product Name - Your Name". Your name and the manufacturer's name always needs to be in the subject line for reviews, reports, edits, etc.

      My list of edits follows. Let me know if you don't understand anything I've written.

      Conventionally the following terms are used in the editing process:
      *** EDIT: you must fix this to comply with BackpackGearTest standards
      [because the Editor says so!]
      *** Edit: you should seriously consider fixing this in some way [unless you
      seriously object with good reason]
      *** Comment: usually just that, although you might want to make a change of
      some sort as a result.

      Kathy Waters
      BGT Owner Review Editor

      _______________________________________
      Height: 5'11"
      Weight: 150 lbs
      EDIT: Need metric conversions.

      List Weight: 0.34 lbs
      Delivered Weight: .30 lbs
      Overall Length: 8.5"
      Blade Length: 3.76"
      Closed Length: 4.96"
      EDIT: Need metric conversions
      EDIT: Need leading zero on Delivered Weight – "0.30 lbs".

      MSRP: $56.24
      EDIT: Need denomination such as "USD 56.24" or "US $56.24" if US dollars

      To release the blade from its locked, opened position, one would push down on the lock release located at the rear of the handle.
      EDIT: Since all BGT ORs and reports are to reflect ONLY the writer's experience, no second or third-person pronouns are used – only "I, me, mine, myself". "One" in the sentence above is a third-person pronoun. The use of which is referred to as :"projection" – telling the reader what to do, expect, etc. NOT what the writer experienced. Change the above sentence to reflect your own experience – "I would push down…"

      EDIT: One additional sentence I would like to see is regarding temperature ranges you have used the knife and how it performed (if at all different) in the extremes - was it more difficult when really cold, for example. Make sure you give the metric conversion units, ok?_____________________________________________

      --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "reedfamily020604" <josh.deb.reed@...> wrote:

      > Gerber Gator Knife by Gerber a division of Fiskars Brands, Inc.
      >
      > Name: Joshua Reed
      > Age: 29
      > Gender: Male
      > Height: 5'11"
      > Weight: 150 lbs
      > Email address: Joshua@...
      > City, State, Country: Lehi, Utah, Utah
      > Date: 09/16/10
      > Backpacking Background:
    • Joshua and Deborah Reed
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 11, 2010
        Kathy,

        Thank you for reviewing my OR. I'll make these changes and follow your
        instructions. I look forward to hearing from you again in the future.

        Josh