Steve Denton Please Read - Re: Owner Review - RAB Bergen Jacket -

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 9, 2010

      Edit Administration Manager
    • ben.mansfield
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 12, 2010
        Hello Steve,

        Thank you for your Owner Review, a great job for your first attempt.
        Your initial edits will follow. They will take the following format;

        EDIT: must be changed

        When you have made the changes please repost here with REPOST added to
        the subject line. Include your name also please. You can also put an
        HTML copy in the Owner Review test folder, but please make sure you
        delete the version that is there currently to avoid confusion.

        ---

        *** as well as Mountaineering regularly in the Lake District, mostly Solo and with youth groups.
        EDIT: mountaineering and solo should not be capitalized

        EDIT: In your next HTML, please make sure the URL is active (i.e. click-able)

        *** S M L XL XXL
        *** Chest
        *** inches 37 40 43 46 48
        *** cm 94 102 109 117 122
        *** Waist
        *** inches 30 32 34 36 40
        *** cm 76 81 86 91 102
        *** Sleeve
        *** inches33 34 35 36 36
        *** cm 83 86 89 91 91
        Edit: Since the report writer mangles these types of tables, consider just listing the measurements for the size you're reporting on (Large), and maybe just mention that other sizes are available.

        General Comment: The pictures are nice, consider adding captions

        *** Product description:
        Edit: Consider making this section header bold and on its own line

        *** I purchased the Large size jacket
        EDIT: large

        *** although it seems it may be too big I found it to fit better.
        EDIT: better than what?

        *** This also gave me room under the jacket to wear a good layering system
        under the jacket in cold weather.
        EDIT: "under the jacket" is repeated. Consider: "This also gave me
        room under the jacket to wear a good layering system in cold weather."

        *** The Rab website describe
        EDIT: RAB
        EDIT: describes

        *** The 3-layer Event lining performs great
        EDIT: the spelling is eVent

        *** which can be adjusted to your head, or over a beanie hat
        EDIT: avoid projection. Can it be adjusted to my head? How do you know? Please rephrase - consider "...can be adjusted to my head..."

        *** Beware of the claimed 'sealed outer pocket', they are susceptible to leaking which is annoying.
        EDIT: This is a subtle form of projection, which we try to avoid.
        Rather, please rephrase from your own perspective. For example, "I
        have found that the claimed 'sealed outer pocket' is susceptible to
        leaking" or similar.

        *** Edit: Consider making a Field Data or Field Conditions section and putting the places, temps, etc in it. Then have a Review or Findings or (my) Observations section talking about how it worked over all the use. We are not suppose to write "trip reports" which is how this next section reads.

        *** Comment: It is strongly recommended but not strictly required to
        provide some indication of the total use you've given this jacket.
        You've enumerated two trips here, is that all of the use, or have you
        used it a few additional times a year since 2007?

        *** There is an adjustment on top of the hood, which works with the
        elastic adjusters each side and fits the head securely,
        Edit: This is a little unclear. Are you saying there is one
        adjustment on the top and another on each side of the head? Or there
        is one adjustment on top that adjusts the sides of the hood? Can you
        please re-word?

        *** I should have treated the jacket with Nik wax
        EDIT: Unless you actually used a specific product to treat the jacket,
        avoid specifying a brand name. Just say, "I should have treated the
        jacket with a waterproofing agent" or something similar.

        *** By 8pm my mid-layers were damp
        EDIT: 8 PM

        *** only thing that survived was my tent, my trusty Big Agnes Seed house SL2.
        EDIT: You're reviewing the jacket, not the tent. try "The only thing
        that stayed dry was my trusty tent" or similar.

        *** 1. Leaking pockets.
        *** 2. No stuff bag (trivial but that's all I can think of).
        *** 3. Cannot think of anything significantly bad, maybe better colour coordination.
        Edit: It's not necessary to list 3 likes and 3 dislikes. In fact,
        some testers omit these altogether. Consider just including your 1 or
        2 main dislikes, and eliminate the third one if it's not really an
        issue. In other words, don't "force" 3 dislikes just to have a
        symmetrical list

        *** Comment: What miserable weather... remind me to never go hiking with you!
      • Steve Denton
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 12, 2010
          Ben

          Many thanks for the comments, just one problem I have is turning the address 'www.rab.uk.com' into a hyperlink using html. Normally it is automatic, maybe it is because of the url with a strange address ie. uk.com. Do you have a better idea ?

          thanks