Re: [BackpackGearTest] Re: More hammock tinkering...

  • Rob
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 3, 2002
      --- Robert Stanley <the-stanleys@...> wrote:
      so you
      > will probably have to add additional rope or biner's
      > or something to make up for the rope you will use up
      > tying the biner to the ridgeline.

      I'm going from memory here, but I think the ridgeline
      on my HH is looped back at the top end and tied off.
      I'm hoping there's enough line there.

      > One other thought - Once you "unclip" your
      > ridgeline, the hammock will drop (causing the
      > netting to stretch - as Jerry says, but I think it
      > will stretch enough and not rip) so depending on how
      > high you have it set-up you will probably have to
      > re-tie the support ropes or you'll be sitting on the
      > ground. If you set it up higher then using it with
      > ridgeline tight could be a real pain and
      > stretch......

      Long legs. I haven't found anyone that can get in it
      comfortably when I set it up for me. Of course, if the
      ropes just drop down the trunk, then no good.

      > Just my thoughts - Good Luck

      Thanks. It was one of those eureka ideas at three in
      the morning(graveyard gives you alot of time to think
      about stuff). I'll have to give it a fresh look when I
      get home, and decide if I should risk it.

      -Rob

      http://auctions.yahoo.com