EDIT/Approval: OR--EPIPEN AUTO-INJECTOR--STEVE KIDD

  • Ray
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 16, 2010
      Hi Steven,

      Excellent review that hits home for me. I am allergic to bees and really need to get one of these to start carrying in my pack. Here are your edits. Once done you can put the review here:

      http://tinyurl.com/2cnk4en

      EDIT: must be changed

      ***Backpacking Background:

      EDIT: Steven I am pretty sure I asked this before. Your bio is longer than the 100 word minimum that BGT asks for. Please trim it a bit.

      ***The EpiPen Auto-Injector is a prescription device that delivers a 0.3 mg epinephrine dose intravenously to person suffering

      EDIT: to "a" person

      *** The drug works by constricting blood vessels, relaxing muscles to improve breathing, stimulating heartbeat and hives and swelling.

      EDIT: and "reducing" hives and swelling

      ***An EpiPen Auto-Injector has been a mandatory part of my backcountry first aid kit for over a decade.

      Edit: why? What do you carry it for, which allergies are you susceptible to?

      *** I would even go so far to suggest any group leader proactively carry it for just such a lifesaving situation.

      Comment: I have to agree with you
    • Ray
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 16, 2010
        One more thing, a biggie that I did not realize. (Thank you David.)

        >***The EpiPen Auto-Injector is a prescription device that delivers a 0.3 mg epinephrine dose "intravenously" to person suffering

        This is wrong -- EpiPen is an "intramuscular delivery system". Intravenous is injection directly into a blood vessel; subcutaneous is injection under the skin, intramuscular is injection into meaty part of the body, which is where the directions the EpiPen say to perform the injection.

        Please address this before uploading.

        Ray
      • ftroop94
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 17, 2010
          Ray (and Dave),

          Thanks for the edits. It's on the site, including the major delivery method. I also shortened the bio, but actually you hadn't ask me to shorten it the past...in fact another editor had asked me to add the final sentence that I just deleted!

          Anyway, I hope this one helps some folks. If even just you starts carrying one, I feel as if I've done a good deed!

          Steve