RE: [BackpackGearTest] Greetings from the Green Mountains

  • Jerry Goller
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 17, 2010
      Hi, Helly

      My name is Jerry Goller. I live at 760 Three Fountains Dr., #110, Murray,
      UT. My home phone number is 801-313-9339. I am a 63 year old male Viet Nam
      vet. I'm 6' tall and weigh a dainty 230 pounds. I'm diabetic due to Agent
      Orange exposure (Viet Nam vets exposed to Agent Orange have an incidence of
      Type 2 diabetes 70 times higher than the general population).. I draw 100%
      compensation from the VA for various wounds, conditions, and fairly serious
      PTSD. I have spent a good portion of my adult life under psychiatric care
      and medication. I spent almost 3 years in combat, in the field, in Viet Nam,
      in the Marine Corps. I spent most of my time in the Combined Action Program,
      living in the vills and training the local farmers, at least half of whom
      were on the other side. I tend to be quaint. If it weren't for spell
      checkers this would be virtually unreadable,

      I've never been stalked, except perhaps by ex-wives, and am unlikely to be.
      I'm just not that interesting. I'm not overly concerned about it. To be
      concerned would require a level of interest that is outside my emotional
      range.

      You are not required to give any personal information to BGT. You are only
      required to give your name (doesn't have to be your *full* legal name),
      general location, age, gender, and, if germane (like clothes and such) your
      approximate height and weight on reports.

      If you don't want to do that, no problem. Just don't write reports for us.

      BGT is not actually a social networking site. We test and report on
      backpacking gear, period.

      Reaching an accommodation is no problem. Follow the rules and we send you
      gear to report on. Don't and we don't. We require the information for what
      we believe are very good reasons and address what we see as shortcomings in
      other reporting sites.

      I hope this finds you well and clears up a few things for you.

      Have a nice day.

      Jerry

      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/: the most comprehensive interactive gear
      reviews on the planet.