Edit/Approval - Outdoor Research Seattle Sombrero - Jerry Adams

  • richardglyon
    Message 1 of 2 , May 6 8:21 AM
      Jerry, here are your edits for the Sombrero, in standard BGT format: EDIT is a required change, Edit a suggested change or request for clarification, and Comment is a comment with no change required. After revising you may upload to http://tinyurl.com/29lsms2 Don't forget to delete your Tests/OR folder copy.

      Congratulations on earning a Brownie Point! And thanks for the photos, which I think are really informative

      Cheers, Richard

      <<Measured Weight: 3.4oz ( 96 g)>>
      EDIT: Add a space after "3.4;" delete the space before "96."

      <<I have a size L, color Khaki/Java.>>
      Edit: Consider mentioning what other sizes and colors are available, and that sizing is unisex. Also consider including your hat size at the end of your Tester Information section.

      <<The only problem I noticed, is that when it's hot, like over 70 F (21 C), I get sweaty around my forehead and around the sides and rear.>>
      Comment: The breakpoint for me is 50 F (10C). After that I switch to a Nimbus Sombrero, sadly no longer offered.

      <<OR has designed this as best possible, but it is definitely designed more for wet weather, rather than hot weather.>>
      EDIT: as best as possible

      <<The hat is a little shorter than some other hats I have used. >>
      Edit: When I first read this I thought you meant short front to back. Meaning is clearer in context, but consider "shorter in the crown" for better readability.

      <<but since it has 3 layers - outside fabric, Gore-Tex, inside fabric, it doesn't breath very well in hot weather.>>
      EDIT: breathe very well
    • jerry adams
      Message 2 of 2 , May 6 12:41 PM
        edited, uploaded, deleted