EDIT - Highgear Axio Altimeter Watch - Chris Barchet

  • richardglyon
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28, 2010
      Chris,

      Good job in describing a relatively complex piece of gear in easy-to-understand English. I have just a few edits, in the standard BGT format: EDIT (all caps) is a required change, Edit (initial cap) is a suggested change or request for clarification, and Comment is just that – no change required. After revising please repost to the list, with REPOST, the product name, and your name in the subject line, and include a tinyurl link to the html version. Cheers, Richard

      <<Manufacturer: Highgear Inc. >>
      EDIT: It appears to be Implusfootcare, LLC. That's the entity that claims copyright ownership, and to which an email is sent if I try the "contact us" tab.

      <<Glass reinforce Nylon Case>>
      EDIT: reinforced [unless it's a quote, in which case you must add "[sic]" after it.

      General Edit/Comment on the list of technical specs: Long quotes from a manufacturer's web page are discouraged, on the notion that a reader can read them just as well on the website as in your report, and the report is supposed to be your words. I think it's OK in this instance, given the nature of the product, but don't make this a habit.

      <<The outside temperature range was 10 deg. F (-12 deg. C) to 55 deg. F (13 deg. C). >>
      EDIT: BGT convention prohibits use of "degrees" or any abbreviation for degrees. 10 F (-12 C) and 55 F (13 C)

      <<Weather has been variable including snow, rain and clear skies. >>
      EDIT: was variable [All other verbs in the paragraph are past tense and this should be too.]

      << The watch meets those requirements but has some other shortfalls.>>
      EDIT: shortcomings [not shortfalls]

      << Cycling through the 5 display screens is simple and fast. >>
      Edit: Particularly with single-digit numbers, the text reads better if spelled out: five display screens

      << Unfortunately the chronometer function does not accrue elevation properly because it gets "bumped" out of the tracking mode.>>
      EDIT: This is not quite accurate. The chronometer accrues properly when the watch is set on the tracking mode, but is easily bumped off that setting and doesn't track elevation after that occurs. Please revise to explain that the problem is the setting control, not the chronometer function itself.