EDIT: OR - REI Ti WARE Mug 0.4 Liter - Steven M. Kidd

  • Andrew Buskov
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 10 11:30 AM
      Steven,

      Here are your edits. As usual;
      EDIT: Change ME
      Edit: Think about changing me
      Comment: Everything else

      Nice Pictures! I'm a stickler for pictures. They just seem to describe give
      more of a feel for a product than words do. You might want to discuss food
      sticking to the cup if you use it for that. If not, then you might want to
      mention that as it's a pertinent negative to the report. Upload to this
      folder when you've changed the edits: http://goo.gl/Wrta

      AB

      __________________________

      > http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/test/OWNER%20REVIEWS/OR%20-
      > %20REI%20
      > Ti%2\
      > 0WARE%20Mug%20-%20Steven%20M.%20Kidd/
      Comment: One of the things that really helps out the editors & monitors is
      the use of a URL shortening site. You can see that the URL you sent in your
      text version got "broken" by yahoo. Using a URL shortener site such as
      goo.gl or tinyurl.com allows for the generation of smaller URLs that
      generally don't get borked by Yahoo. For example, your link above shortens
      to http://goo.gl/tGuR using goo.gl and http://tinyurl.com/ygebude using
      tinyurl.

      > LOCATION: Franklin, Tennessee, USA
      Comment: So lucky to live next door to the Brentwood REI store. I'm about 2
      hours drive away and don't get there quite as much as I wish!

      > Backpacking Background: I've been a backpacker on and off for over 25
      > years. I backpacked as a Boy Scout, and then again almost every month in
      my
      > twenties, while packing an average weight of 50+ lbs (23+kg). In the last
      two
      EDIT: Space needed after + sign here "23+ kg".
      EDIT: You need to describe your hiking style. Do you prefer to be
      comfortable and not as light, or lightweight and not as comfortable. Also,
      please state your sleeping setup: tent, tarp, bivy, hammock.

      > <<IMAGE GOES HERE. ALT TEXT = "Cup 1" IMAGE CAPTION = "REI Ti Ware
      > Mug">>
      Comment: Your image here is HUGE. When the page is viewed at the required
      minimum of 1024x768 the picture squeezes the product information text. Might
      I suggest scaling your picture about 150 px in width to better accommodate
      the text.

      > REI has both their corporate and the Ti WARE logo embossed on the mug's
      > side.
      EDIT: Embossing involves changing the width of the metal in various areas.
      The logo actually appears to be screen printed on the cup. Please change
      your text accordingly.

      > dehydrated meals I have began using that call for exactly that amount
      > of water.
      Comment: Very good information.

      > <<IMAGE GOES HERE. ALT TEXT = "Cup 4" IMAGE CAPTION = "Compared to a
      > Ceramic
      > Mug the Ti Ware Cup Holds More Liquid">>
      EDIT: Your pictures are overlapping here near the bottom when viewed at the
      minimum resolution in both Internet Explorer and Firefox. Please move your
      pictures around and/or scales them to prevent this.

      > SIGNATURE
      >
      > Steven M. Kidd
      Edit: A signature is not necessary even though it's included in the Report
      Writer. Feel free to delete it if you wish.
    • ftroop94
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 10 7:38 PM
        Andrew,

        Thanks so much for the edits! I've taken care of them, adjusted the size of the the pics. I love being so close to REI, but it can sometimes be a drain on the wallet! Buying online and shipping to the store at no charge is great though! I do backpack the North/South trail at LBL from time to time, and love going up there.

        Thanks again,

        Steve

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 10 8:33 PM
          Steve, A couple more edits on your final. Feel free to re-upload when fixed.
          Very nice report in the end though!

          AB

          _______________________________

          > night outings and now try to average a 30 lb (14 kg)
          > pack, however, a comfortable riding pack is more important
          > to me than the overall weight I'm carrying
          EDIT: Change to "pack. However, a comfortable"

          > > > <<IMAGE GOES HERE. ALT TEXT = "Cup 4" IMAGE CAPTION = "Compared to
          > > > Ceramic
          > > > Mug the Ti Ware Cup Holds More Liquid">>
          > > EDIT: Your pictures are overlapping here near the bottom when viewed
          > at the
          > > minimum resolution in both Internet Explorer and Firefox. Please move
          > your
          > > pictures around and/or scales them to prevent this.
          Comment: The change with your pictures is good. They no longer overlap.
          However, you have a great deal of white space now. I wouldn't worry with
          changing it this go round unless you really want to. However, next time you
          may wish to space out your picture more throughout the text so that you can
          eliminate white spacing. Take a look here... http://goo.gl/1Ak8. Lots of
          pics, but there spread in such a way as to avoid large white spaces.
        • ftroop94
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 10 9:42 PM
            Thanks again Andrew!

            That link was dead from my computer, but I tinkered around several times and cleaned up much of the white space. Hopefully this will look better for the average reader!

            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 11 3:03 AM
              Hmmmm. Link works for me. Oh well. BTW... I also have your other Ti Report
              to edit. I'll have that back to you in the next day or so.

              AB

              > Thanks again Andrew!
              >

              > That link was dead from my computer, but I tinkered around several
              > times and cleaned up much of the white space. Hopefully this will look
              > better for the average reader!
              >
              > Steve
            • ftroop94
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 11 2:47 PM
                Thanks Andrew,

                I look forward to the edits on that one. I also have a field shot of the spork I've taken since I put the review together if you'd like me to insert it...