RE: REVISED: OWNER REVIEW - Sony Cyber Shot Digital Camera: Branson Lang

  • Andrew Buskov
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 10, 2010
      Branson,

      I'm sorry that it took so long for someone to pick up your OR for review.
      Things have been busy around here.

      In general, it is not usually recommended that someone who is writing a
      first time OR use such a "big" piece of equipment for their OR. Most of the
      time we like to see new testers use something more along the lines of a pair
      of socks, a headlamp, or something else small like that. When we start
      getting into reports about tents, packs, and larger items there are so many
      more questions that need to be answered. It's the same way with cameras.

      While you have a good foundation in your Tester Information and Product
      Information sections there isn't a lot of relative information relating to
      field use and the actual camera itself.

      I highly recommend you contact the mentoring team
      (mentor@...) for help with completing your first, and
      possibly second, OR. They have helped many who are new to
      BackpackGearTest.org, myself included. They can help you get this OR up to
      quality if you decide to continue working on this. However, I recommend
      working with them on a smaller item until you learn the ins & outs of report
      writing.

      I had to put my first report (REI Quarterdome Tent) on hold until I learned
      more about the process as well so don't feel discouraged at all. I look
      forward to your reports in the near future.

      AB