Nancy P. Please Read - Re: OR Pelican VB3 flashlight

  • chcoa
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 5, 2010

      Edit Administration Manager
    • Ray
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 13, 2010
        Hello Nanci

        Thank you for your Owner Review, your initial edits will follow. They will take the following format;

        EDIT: must be changed

        When you have made the changes please repost here with REPOST added to the subject line. Place a version in the Test Fold also please, and give me a link to it or the name of.

        Ray

        ***Manufacturer'sWebsite:http://www.pelican.com/lights_detail_specs.php?recordID=2220"

        EDIT: this needs to be the top level URL (homepage) not the actual product URL

        ***MSRP: US$ 22.25

        EDIT: if the MSRP is not on the manufacturer's website we just mark this as N/A

        ***The Pelican VB3 LED flashlight is a small, light weight LED flashlight that can
        be hand held or clipped on to clothing or to the brim of your hat.

        EDIT: We keep everything in the first person, no "you"s, just "me" and "I". Here is my canned explanation.

        Projection

        "When you tighten the laces on the boots, you pull the shoestrings in an out and upward motion. Then you tie it with a double knot and you are ready to go down the trail."

        This is a very common way to write, but in doing so we just said what "other people" would do, not our self. This is projecting our thoughts onto the reader. We do not know how other people tie their shoes. We keep away from "you" and "your" in our writing.

        We are writing a review of "our" gear based on "our" experiences. So we need to keep it in the first person. Here is how it should look;

        "When I tighten the laces on the boots, I pull the shoestrings in an out and upward motion. Then I tie it with a double knot and I'm ready to go down the trail."

        *** It comes in black, orange, yellow, or transluscent red or blue.

        EDIT: translucent

        ***If your bag has a small storage pocket this might not be as important to you, but I expect it would fit easily into that pocket.

        EDIT: keep it about you and what you know, don't speculate about how it will work for others or their situations.

        ***The head of the flashlight can be swivelled to direct the light

        EDIT: swiveled

        *** The light can be clipped to the brim of your hat and face back at you, at the ground, or straight forward, or clip it to the edge of your shirt, and it can swivel into place from there.

        EDIT: the you your thing again

        *** The switch is secure and has not turned on accidentaly.

        EDIT: accidentally

        ***I found it easy to turn on and off without gloves, but I think it would be difficult to do while wearing gloves or mittens.

        Comment: you don't have a pair of gloves to try it?

        ***It's small enough to be in your day hike kit,

        EDIT: the your thing again

        ***The light turns on and off stiffly, which has kept it from turning on acidently,

        EDIT: accidentally

        ***Switch too stiff for gloves

        You need to delete this if you have never tried it to know