EDIT: OWNER REVIEW -REI TI WARE TITANIUM POT - STEVEN KIDD

  • Ray
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 17, 2010
      Hello Steven,

      Thank you for your Owner Review, your initial edits will follow. They will take the following format;

      EDIT: must be changed

      When you have made the changes please repost here with REPOST added to the subject line. Include your name also please.

      You can also put a HTML copy in the Owner Review Test Folder. It is found at the end of the list of reviews on the main page or here:

      http://tinyurl.com/4mfwa

      The free BGT Report Writer for HTML creation may be found here:

      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/lesson.php?lesson=RR&page=1

      support group,

      BGTFileUploadHelp @

      Please let me have a link to the review or at least the name once you have it uploaded.

      Ray

      ***LOCATION: Franklin, TN

      EDIT: please spell out the state and add USA for the benefit of our international readers

      *** The pot's interior has a silicon lined nonstick feature.

      EDIT: actually it is a silicon "ceramic" coating. Big difference.

      *** You can certainly feel this material by hand when the pot is
      new.

      EDIT: We keep everything in the first person, no "you"s, just "me" and "I". Here is my canned explanation.

      Projection

      "When you tighten the laces on the boots, you pull the shoestrings in an out and upward motion. Then you tie it with a double knot and you are ready to go down the trail."

      This is a very common way to write, but in doing so we just said what "other people" would do, not our self. This is projecting our thoughts onto the reader. We do not know how other people tie their shoes. We keep away from "you" and "your" in our writing.

      We are writing a review of "our" gear based on "our" experiences. So we need to keep it in the first person. Here is how it should look;

      "When I tighten the laces on the boots, I pull the shoestrings in an out and upward motion. Then I tie it with a double knot and I'm ready to go down the trail."

      ***The lid snaps snugly, yet it will slip inside the pot at times when stowing with
      other gear in your pack.

      EDIT: see above

      *** I was also impressed by the stamped measure markings, as it
      does aid in pouring.

      EDIT: pouring? I think you mean that it aids in measuring the water needed for your meals, right?

      ***My only initial concern was that pot's pour spout is only set up to pour for a right handed person.

      Comment: why, are you left-handed?

      *** I have used it with both a MSR Whisperlite International

      EDIT: WhisperLite

      *** It replaced my previous cook kit, a World War II stainless steel military mess kit circa 1944,

      Comment: I used one of those until I was 15 too.

      *** I see no compromise in the silicon coating.

      EDIT: silicon "ceramic" coating

      *** You can easily eat from the pot within a minute or two after cooking.

      EDIT: the "you" thing again

      ***REI makes several sizes fo the Ti Ware pot

      EDIT: "of" the Ti Ware

      *** You can cook with it, boil water

      EDIT: the "you" thing again

      *** I typically store some coffee in a Ziploc bag while its in my pack,

      EDIT: it's

      *** In order to pour water into a dehydrated meal pouch or a coffee mug, I have to either pour with my right hand (I am left handed) or awkwardly attempt to do so by pouring away from myself with my dominate hand.

      Comment: OK, I see now. You may want to mention this up front

      ***The REI Ti Ware pot is both lightweight and durable, making it a great addition
      for any solo backpacker.

      EDIT: this is projection too. You don't know what every other hiker needs or likes. You need to stick to personal feelings and remarks about the gear you review.

      *** If you are comfortable spending $50 on cookware it is well worth the purchase.

      EDIT: this one needs to go.