LTR - All Terrain Recovery Rub - DLarsen

  • vicioushillbilly
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 18, 2010
      Find my LTR for All Terrain Recovery Rub. Thanks in advance for the edits. The url is: http://tinyurl.com/yjne7xe

      Dawn

      Long Term Report

      Field Conditions

      Dreher Island State Park, Prosperity, South Carolina in November: There are several hiking trails at this park. The park is on an island surround by a big lake. The wind from the lake carries a lot of moisture into the campsites and trails. Temperatures averaged 45 degrees F (7 C)during the day and got down to 36 degrees F (2 C) at night. There was a bathhouse that we used on park property.

      Camping on private land near Sumter, South Carolina in November: Temperatures about this same as above. No bathhouse or running water.

      Nature Trail in Wallace Woods, Florence, South Carolina: I hiked this .75 mile (1.21 km) nature trail at least five times. It is fairly level, but with cypress roots to trip me.

      I backpacked a trail along the Buffalo River, Arkansas one weekend: Trail was hilly, rocky, slushy with snow and mud. This trail was 12 miles (19.3 km) that generally wound around and followed the Buffalo River. Temperatures averaged about 35 degrees F (2 C) during the day and below freezing at night. There was some sleet and snow when we were hiking, but not much. Mostly, it was just cold.

      Stewardship Loop in Harbison State Forest, Columbia, South Carolina: I hiked about 2 hours on the first warm day in about a week. Temperature was 47 degrees F (8 C). This produced ice melt from frozen rain earlier in the week. This was a 3 mile (5 km) trail with about .5 miles (.8 km) worth of off-trail paths. Terrain included: wet and dry sand, leaves, pine needles, really mucky mud. The trail was fairly rough and ascended about 150 feet (46 m). Restrooms that were available with running water.

      Other: I used this anytime I had minor aches and pains, for example, after working out in the gym or riding my bike to work.

      Field Observations
      This cream feels very nice initially. I tend to get stiff and sore in my hips and thighs after hiking. So I took it with my in the car on day hikes and on camping trips as well. I also took it backpacking, but put it in a smaller container because the tube is too big to backpack with.

      It rubs in very well and did not leave my skin feeling greasy or slimy. It also made the application area very tingly and a littel warm. It seemed to loosen up tight muscles so that I could move them better and work the soreness out of them. However, the feeling does not last very long and that is problematic. The feeling only lasts for about 5 minutes. I had to keep reapplying on really sore spots and then work the soreness out rather than being able to apply it and just walk around and let it heal on its own.

      I also like that this cream is as natural as it can be. Natural products do not usually have as drastic or dramatic results as chemical products. By that, I mean that the tingly feeling is more subtle since this product is a natural one. I like that. I worry about what can happen to me after my skin has absorbed unnatural chemicals. Could they have unwanted effects later on?

      Summary
      This cream is nice because there are no chemicals. It feels good on my skin and doesn't leave a slimy or greasy residue. I had to use a lot of it, however, when I needed to use a muscle cream because the tingly feeling doesn't last very long. I will probably continue to use this product, as I am concerned about chemicals and what they can do to me once they have been absorbed.

      What I like...
      It is not greasy and doesn't leave a stain on clothing.

      What I don't like...
      The feeling doesn't last very long.

      This concludes my Long Term Report. Many thanks to All Terrain and BackpackGearTest.org for allowing me to test Recovery Rub.