Re: EDIT/APPROVAL: OR - Mini Mag-Lite LED Flashlight - Chad Poindexter

  • Stick
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 15, 2010
      Andrew,

      Thank you for your time and your edits, however, I have a few questions about some of them.

      Sorry about the link not working, but I think that you looked at the wrong post. I originally posted the OR on Dec. 25, 2009 (message # 78626) but on the 28th I posted the revised OR (message # 78627). When I re-posted the revised OR I put REVISED-OR........ I apologize if I went about this the wrong way. I thought that this is how I was supposed to post my revised ORs. (Just for record though, the link in the revised OR does work.)

      So, onto my questions.....

      1. You posted "EDIT: Change your picture alt texts to something more meaningful than "IMAGE #"."

      I'm not sure what you mean by this. At first I thought you were talking about my captions, that I had IMAGE # for my captions, but when I went back and checked that wasn't the case so I'm not sure what I am supposed to be changing. "IMAGE #" is not in my text anywhere either.

      2. You posted "EDIT: Numerous times and multi-nights don't say how many. Give a clear estimated number of days of use in total. They don't all have to be on trail as this product is usable elsewhere."

      Near the end of the OR I have stated that "I have used this combination for 23 nights total on the trail, and then some at or around my home...."
      Granted here I was talking about both the combination of these particular batteries in the flashlight, but here I have listed a specified amount of time that I have used the flashlight. Also, in the same paragraph I state that "in fact they are the same batteries that I put in the light 8 months ago when I purchased the light."
      I guess I can try to come up with a number of total nights I have used it, everywhere, and include it in the report at the beginning, but do I need to have this in there 2 different times?

      I will make the other changes that you have suggested, but I figured I would try to get them all corrected at once. Just needed a little clarification on some of it first though. I apologize for your inconvenience.

      Comment: I was really happy with the "brief history" and thought it was good, however you are the boss, so if you really think I should take it out I will (as much as it saddens me....) In my opinion, as a (new) hiker some history such as this would offer me a piece of mind about the product. I like to know if a company has been around making quality products for years or just started this year. To me, this would influence my decision to purchase said gear.

      Anyway, thanks again for your time, and yes, even your red ink! :)

      Chad