New guy question?

  • cymtnhiker
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 5, 2010
      Hi everyone

      I am almost ready to submit my first review. I have a question regarding pictures. I want to include a few pictures to better illustrate my point. Do I add them along with the with the text or do I wait until after my review is edited to add the pictures. Looking at other posts I do not see pictures included but the ones on the site have great pictures. Any direction will be appreciated.

      Thanks

      Ty
    • jetriple@rockwellcollins.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 6, 2010
        Ty...

        Pictures are encouraged, so you're on the right track. The e-mail list
        doesn't support pictures so when you e-mail the list please only send
        text. You also need to upload your html file to the Owner Review TEST
        folder on www.backpackgeartest.org - and include a link in the text
        version you post to the e-mail group. That way whomever edits your report
        can look at it on the BGT site and see the pictures. Make sense?

        Best of luck!

        James Triplett
        Edit Moderator

        BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com wrote on 01/05/2010 09:30:24 PM:

        > Hi everyone
        >
        > I am almost ready to submit my first review. I have a question
        > regarding pictures. I want to include a few pictures to better
        > illustrate my point. Do I add them along with the with the text or
        > do I wait until after my review is edited to add the pictures.
        > Looking at other posts I do not see pictures included but the ones
        > on the site have great pictures. Any direction will be appreciated.
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Ty
        >

        > ------------------------------------
        >
        > To read our reviews, please visit http://www.backpackgeartest.org/Yahoo!
        > Groups Links

      • Mr Webb
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 6, 2010
          Thanks James.  That makes sense for the most part but I do not see a “TEST” folder on the website.  Which category is it under?  I only see categories for ‘home’, ‘gear reviews’, ‘documents’, ‘tools’, ‘about us’, ‘mailing lists’ and ‘links’.  None of these have a test folder that I can see.  Is this on a back end of the website?  If so how do I get access?  Sorry for being pesky.
          Thanks
          Ty

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 6, 2010
            Ty - Looks like you are on the Yahoo site. You need to go to
            http://www.backpackgeartest.org/ and log in. Then click on Browse Reviews
            link if the categories aren't already showing.

            You can Browse Reviews without logging in, but the test folder only shows
            up when you are logged in. It is in alphabetical order between Stuff
            Sacks and Trekking Poles.

            Owner Reviews have their own folder under the test category.

            Hope this helps. Obviously I'm assuming you've registered on the
            backpackgeartest.org site. If not, you'll have to do that first.

            Jet

          • cymtnhiker
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 6, 2010
              See it now. Thanks James.