Edit/Comment: OR - ALPS MOUNTAINEERING TAURUS AL 2 TENT

  • Ray
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 7, 2009
      Hello Walter,

      Welcome to BackpackGearTest.org and thank you for your Owner Review. I am going to be your editor should you choose to go forward with it.

      We really encourage new writers to start with something easier for their first Owner Review (OR) to cut down on the frustration level. Tents are one of the hardest items to review as there is a lot to tell about them. It is a lot easier to learn the ropes with something like a cook pot or clothing item. As it stands your review is lacking in a couple areas. For one your description is just pasted from the Alps website. We don't want that. It should be described in your own words.

      Please notice the form that the review should take in the "Examples", you may also wish to browse the reviews of other experienced members for examples of the proper form.

      Here is one of my tent reviews for an idea of what is looked for:
      http://tinyurl.com/yfzvj77

      A helpful tool is the Mentoring Program that teams new reviewers with experienced veterans to help get them through their first review(s). If you'd like more assistance or guidance with the process you can request a mentor by sending an email to the mentor coordinator, Jenn, at mentor@...

      You can put this aside to revisit down the road a bit when you are ready, or you can continue with it if you like. If you do want to proceed go over it and apply what you pick up from the lessons and other examples. Put a Product Description section in your own words. Put a Field Use section with places used, elevations, and weather conditions that you can remember. Then put the actual review of what you thought about the tent and how it worked or didn't for you in the field.

      If you choose to get a mentor (a good idea as they will help a lot) let me know here so I am not waiting for a repost too soon. Otherwise go through it and Repost here.

      Talk to you soon,