Attn: Kirk B - Re: REVISED - OWNER REVIEW - Hi Tech Altitude hiking boots

  • chcoa
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 30, 2009
      Thank you Kirk. 75 days certainly meets our minimum and the info. on field locations is very helpful. I will go ahead and add you to the edit queue so you can get a proper edit by an editor.
      As a side note, you will need to find out the weight of these boots. It's a BGT requirement for all reports. If you don't have a scale you can do it at the post office. No need to reload the report for that but heads up because your editor will mention it.

      Jamie D
      Edit Admin Manager

      --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, Kirk Betz <kirkbetz@...> wrote:

      > Jamie thanks for taking a look at my OR. I added more info on places the
      > boot has been used as well as approx how many days I've used it. Let me know
      > if the changes I've made are better or worse. Thanks so much for your time,
      > I really appreciate it.
      >
      > Hi-Tech Altitude III hiking boots
      >
      > Owner Review by Kirk Betz
      >
      > November 24, 2009
      >

      > Kirk Betz
      >
      > 23
      >
      > Male
      >
      > 5� 9� (1.75m)
      >
      > 175 lbs (79 km)
      >
      > *Shoe size:* 9.5
      >
      > kirkbetz@...
      >
      > Portland OR, USA
      >
      > *Approx days spent in boots: 75 days*

    • chcoa
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 11, 2010
        Hi Kirk,

        There has been some discussion of your OR among the editors and they have been unable to find Hi-Tech Altitude III hiking boots. Are you sure this is the style? Secondly, the closest model found was the Altitude II, which incidentally is no longer sold and therefore cannot be accepted as an OR.

        Jamie D
        Edit Admin Manager

        > Hi-Tech Altitude III hiking boots
        >
        > Owner Review by Kirk Betz
        >
        > November 24, 2009

      • Kirk Betz
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 11, 2010
          Jamie,

          Thanks for getting back to me.
          Yeah this particular model is no longer sold but it was my understanding
          that if the item being reviewed has been available in the last year then it
          would be acceptable. If that is not the case then I can understand and will
          simply choose another product.

          Thanks for your time, I really appreciate all the work you guess do in
          helping out newbies like myself.

          Kirk

          On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 8:19 PM, chcoa <jdeben@...> wrote:

          > Hi Kirk,
          >
          > There has been some discussion of your OR among the editors and they have
          > been unable to find Hi-Tech Altitude III hiking boots. Are you sure this is
          > the style? Secondly, the closest model found was the Altitude II, which
          > incidentally is no longer sold and therefore cannot be accepted as an OR.
          >
          > Jamie D
          > Edit Admin Manager
          >
          > > Hi-Tech Altitude III hiking boots
          > >
          > > Owner Review by Kirk Betz
          > >
          > > November 24, 2009

        • Edward
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 18, 2010
            Hi Kirk,

            Sorry for the delay in response. Here's the situation--we can't find any real reference to the Altitude III boots for men, and no indication that they have recently been available. It's likely that these were older stock--not that that's a bad thing, if they have done the job for you! But there's little point in writing an owner review about something that's unavailable; it runs counter to common sense and our policy.

            Here's my suggestion. Choose a newer item, something still available online, but avoid anything complex such as packs, tents or electronics. I'd also like you to work with a BGT mentor; it's a huge help for getting the thing done right. Please contact

            jennksnowy@...

            and request mentor assistance--Jenn's in charge of that side of things.

            Good luck!

            Ted

            Senior Edit Moderator