EDIT: Repost Owner Review Mountain Hardwear lamina 45 Zachary Huang

  • Kathy Waters
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 9, 2009
      Zack,

      Thanks for the prompt repost and the HTML link. I just have a few more
      edits for you and a request for one more repost so I can see if the HTML
      changes work properly. The next Edit from me will be an approval, I'm
      certain and you will be halfway to being at BGT tester.

      Once you get this OR uploaded, your second OR will REQUIRE a picture (all
      test reports require pictures also). You are not required to have a picture
      in your first report, but if you have one, that would be great to include.
      You are even allowed to use a picture from the manufacturer's website as
      long as you attribute it (Picture courtesy of XXX) to the manufacturer.
      Think about it.

      OK, on with the edits!

      Kathy
      OR Editor
      ______________________________
      5Õ10Ó (178 cm)
      EDIT: You appear to have some funky characters showing up in the HTML -
      this is just the first instance. Please check and correct.

      EDIT: Your personal and manufacturer's information at the top of your
      report is double spaced which doesn't look very neat and makes it hard to
      read. Please single space this information.

      Mountain Hardwear adorned the Lamina 45 with two small internal pockets at
      the users shoulder level opposite of the zipper, one with a Velcro enclosure
      and one with a zipper.
      EDIT: Change "users" to "my". One of the cardinal rules here at BGT is
      that all reviews/reports are to reflect the reviewer/tester's OWN PERSONAL
      experience. We do not use "you, your, one's, user's", etc. That is called
      "projection" - telling the reader what he/she will experience. In this
      case - "user's" - is a soft projection, but since this is your very first
      review, you need to get used to making sure you report ONLY what you own,
      experience and observe.

      The lack of seams make the Lamina series bags truly distinct, with their
      welded insulation less fill is needed and a streamline look is achieved.
      EDIT: Change "make" to "makes" - the singular verb to match the singular
      subject which is "lack", not "seams".

      Not only did it keep me more than comfortable on cold nights at 5,000 ft
      (1,524 M) but it also acted, as a plush blanket on hot windy nights zipped
      open.
      EDIT: Use a small "m" for the metric unit "meters".

      This sleeping bag was used extensively for a month abroad in China during
      the month of June. Terrains included marshy areas, riversides, mountaintops,
      and hostels. Temperatures encountered ranged from 100 F-50 F (38 C- 28 C).
      EDIT: Please add a sentence here with an elevation range. You could just
      append it to the sentence that begins with "Terrains included.."

      The sleeping bag performed past expectations. Not only did it keep me more
      than comfortable on cold nights at 5,000 ft (1,524 M) but it also acted, as
      a plush blanket on hot windy nights zipped open. The weight of the sleeping
      bag went unnoticed in the pack over the month of backpacking and was
      extremely handy as a blanket, sleeping bag, jacket, and regained its loft
      easily upon removal from the stuff sack. The bag was highly water resistant
      and dried extremely fast after being washed.
      Edit: You should move this section down to the "Performance in the Field"
      Section. It really doesn't fit the "Locations and Conditions" header. I
      think if you put it as a last paragraph, it will work well.