Edit/Approval - Petzl Tactikka Plus headlamp - Mike Mosack

  • richardglyon
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 2009
      Mike, ready for the website. I have a few edits; after making them please upload at http://tinyurl.com/yejjvzu and delete your Tests/OR folder copy. Same format as before: EDIT (all caps) is a required change; Edit (initial cap) is a suggested change, and Comment is a comment with no change required.

      How that you have completed two Owner Reviews you are officially a Newbie. Congratulations! This means that you may begin applying for gear tests. To do this, get a signed Tester Agreement (available from the BGT website) to Jerry Goller, Attn: BackpackGearTest.org, 760 Three Fountains Dr. #110, Murray, UT 84107. Join our sister Yahoo group backpackgeartestERs, and look for Test Calls.

      I hope you will continue to file Owner Reviews. It's good practice for your writing skills and earns points when it comes to selecting testers for gear.
      Cheers, Richard

      <EMAIL: mosack@...>
      Edit: you might want to make this non-clickable and plain text (e g, mosack AT earthlink DOT net) to avoid spammers.

      <There are two color options available which are black (tested) or camouflage.>
      Edit: Consider replacing "tested" with "which I own" Tests and owner reviews are separate categories and it might confuse a reader to see "tested" in an Owner Review. Up to you.

      <This headlamp has been my primary field light and I have kept this with me day and night for the past 9 months as I work in Afghanistan,>
      Edit: Another style point, and optional. When using numbers in text it reads better to spell out smaller numbers; consider "nine months."
      < I have used this from sea level to over 7,000 feet (2134 m) above sea level.>
      Edit: As 7000 feet is rounded, consider rounding to 2100 m.

      < and to light areas so I can search for the last ridiculous item I sat down and now can't find in the dark when I absolutely need it.>
      EDIT: set down
      Comment: I know that feeling well.

      <I noticed that with the lowest setting, the light beam reaches out approximately 8-10 feet in front of me, depending on the angle adjustment and at the highest setting, the beam reaches out approximately 18-20 feet, >
      EDIT: Please add metric conversions.

      <The beam appears to reach further and is brighter, when my night vision is more sensitive.>
      EDIT: reach farther
      EDIT: Delete the comma.