Re: [BackpackGearTest] Monitors needed

  • Helen Hillberg
    Message 1 of 23 , Feb 1, 2002
      I'll volunteer for one or both
      Helen

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Jerry Goller
      Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2002 10:51 PM
      To: BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [BackpackGearTest] Monitors needed

      I need Monitors for the BD Moonlight and Granite Gear Dog Gear test series.

      Jerry

    • Thomas Vickers
      Message 2 of 23 , Mar 9, 2002
        I am a bit scared, but I will finally bite and offer up my services as a
        monitor for a test series, just let me know which one.

        I just read the guide v1202 and will comply with the requirements of a
        monitor.

        Thomas Vickers
      • David Anderson
        Message 3 of 23 , Jan 9, 2003
          I've been slacking on getting monitors for the test calls I've been sending
          out. I'm surprised Andrew hasn't beat me around the head on this one.

          We need 4 monitors for the Psolar mask, and the 3 NEOS tests. Check out the
          section on being a monitor in the survival guide, and apply if you are
          interested.

          --
          David Anderson
          Moderator
          Message 4 of 23 , Jan 9, 2003
            I raise my cyber hand for the Psolar mask test monitor. I have read and will comply yadda yadda blah blah.

            TEAM JackQuest
            Jack, Cyber and Drager
            www.jackquest.com

            I've been slacking on getting monitors for the test calls I've been sending
            out. I'm surprised Andrew hasn't beat me around the head on this one.

            We need 4 monitors for the Psolar mask, and the 3 NEOS tests. Check out the
            section on being a monitor in the survival guide, and apply if you are
            interested.

            --
            David Anderson
            Moderator
            BackpackGearTest.org

          • John F. Meyer, Jr.
            Message 5 of 23 , Jan 9, 2003
              Dave, I can take one of them (or 2 if necessary). I've read the guide
              (v. 1202) and agree to comply.

              John F. Meyer, Jr. jfm@... www.johnmeyer.net
              NASO, PSOA, GCFOA USARA, CFAR, NORBA, USAT, FTA

              #
              #We need 4 monitors for the Psolar mask, and the 3 NEOS tests. Check out
              the
              #section on being a monitor in the survival guide, and apply if you are
              #interested.
            • Martin, Stephanie Yoong B
              Message 6 of 23 , Jan 9, 2003
                I just finished with Cache Lake and can take another....
                Stephanie
                (yes, I've read v1202 and agree to comply)

              • Graham Blamey <gg@higray.fsnet.co.uk>
                Message 7 of 23 , Jan 9, 2003
                  --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, David Anderson
                  <danderson@b...> wrote:
                  > We need 4 monitors for the Psolar mask, and the 3 NEOS tests. Check
                  out the
                  > section on being a monitor in the survival guide, and apply if you
                  are
                  > interested.

                  Dave,
                  I'll stick my hand up for monitoring one (preferably a simple one as
                  it's my first ;-)
                  Cheers, Graham
                • David Anderson
                  Message 8 of 23 , Jan 9, 2003
                    Thanks Jack. You're it.

                    Message 9 of 23 , Jan 9, 2003
                      Jack Corrigan - Psolar
                      John Meyer - Navigator 5
                      Stephanie Martin - Adventurer
                      Graham Blamey - Downtowner

                      Thank you all, I will send you the tester information as I get it.

                      Any additional applications will be added to a folder I am creating to keep
                      track of such things, so I don't get this far behind again.

                      --
                      David Anderson
                      Moderator
                      Message 10 of 23 , Jan 9, 2003
                        At 14:38 09/01/2003 -0800, David Anderson wrote:
                        >Any additional applications will be added to a folder I am creating to keep
                        >track of such things, so I don't get this far behind again.

                        Please add my name to that list.
                        I had just been thinking how quiet and devoid of meaning my Wednesdays have
                        been since the Enertia Trail Foods test finished.

                        I don't believe it - withdrawal symptoms from the adrenaline rush of being
                        a BGT monitor.
                        How sad :-)

                        -- Alex.
                      • Shane Steinkamp
                        Message 11 of 23 , Jan 9, 2003
                          > I am a bit scared, but I will finally bite and offer up
                          > my services as a monitor for a test series, just let me
                          > know which one.

                          I think Dave filled all the monitor slots Thomas, but there should be
                          another test coming up shortly. Nothing to be scared of really. It's easy
                          as pie. Just mark your reporting dates on a calendar and keep track of the
                          testers. If you get into any trouble, Andrew is always looking over your
                          shoulder and he'll catch you before you fall.

                          Shane
                          BGT Moderator
                        • David Anderson
                          Message 12 of 23 , Jan 9, 2003
                            At 10:12 PM 1/9/2003 -0600, you wrote:
                            > > I am a bit scared, but I will finally bite and offer up
                            > > my services as a monitor for a test series, just let me
                            > > know which one.
                            >
                            >I think Dave filled all the monitor slots Thomas, but there should be
                            >another test coming up shortly.

                            Yeah, those four spots are filled, but it is nice to have a few lined up in
                            the queue. So far we have Alex and TV

                            --
                            David Anderson
                            Moderator
                            Message 13 of 23 , Jan 9, 2003
                              Hi Shane

                              Said with tongue in cheek I suspect :-)

                              Andrew

                              At 12:12 PM 10/01/2003, you wrote:
                              >If you get into any trouble, Andrew is always looking over your
                              >shoulder and he'll catch you before you fall.

                              --
                              Aushiker - http://aushiker.com - Comprehensive resource site on hiking in
                              Western Australia.

                              A thought: "Every time I feel the urge to exercise, I lie down until it
                              goes away" - Mark Twain

                            • Shane Steinkamp
                              Message 14 of 23 , Jan 10, 2003
                                > >If you get into any trouble, Andrew is always looking
                                > >over your shoulder and he'll catch you before you
                                > >fall.

                                > Said with tongue in cheek I suspect :-)

                                Actually, no. You do an amazing job of cracking the whip on the monitors.
                                ;)

                                In all honesty, since you started driving the bus, I haven't seen any
                                monitors get into too much trouble...

                                Shane
                              • Michael Wheiler
                                Message 15 of 23 , Jan 12, 2003
                                  Dave:

                                  I'm currently available for another monitor role as well. Just let me know.
                                  I was the monitor for the Clark Jungle Hammock test series. I have read
                                  v1202 of the survival guide concerning test monitor requirements and will
                                  comply with same.

                                  Mike

                                • jetriple@rockwellcollins.com
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Jan 13, 2003