Re: EDIT - OR - Gregory Reactor Ultralight Daypack

  • kmar546
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 5, 2009
      Thanks for your comments Ray. I have reposted it and actually made a few other small corrections.

      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/test/OWNER%20REVIEWS/REPOST%20-%20OR%20-%20Gregory%20Reactor%20Ultralight%20Daypack/

      Kristine

      > Hello Kristine,
      >
      > This looks much better. With your own description it is really "your" review now. I just have a few new edits for you. Same deal, once they are made repost here and place a new version in the test folder.
      >
      > Almost there!
      >
      > Ray
      >

      > ***Date: September 2009
      >
      > EDIT: go ahead and put the full date in, including the day. (Current)
      >

      > ***My love for the outdoors began about ten years ago, while I was living in Northern California. Most of my hiking experience includes day hikes, with an occasional 2-3 day backpacking trip. I'd consider myself a 3-season hiker and generally like to keep my pack as light as reasonably possible without spending a fortune. In 2007, I moved to New York City and have enjoyed East Coast hiking and experiencing the outdoors with four different seasons. I enjoy trail hiking in all terrains, and have been fortunate enough to hike in a number of national and state parks, and several foreign countries.
      >
      > EDIT: I hate doing this but we really have to stick to our guns with the 100 word limit. If we let two extra words go then next time we have to let 4 extra go, and so on. Just find two words at least to trim out.
      >

      > ***Actual weight: 21.6 oz (612 gm)
      >
      > EDIT: please use "g" for grams. There is a list of the abbreviations found here:
      > http://www.backpackgeartest.org/convert.html
      >

      > *** The pack is made of a Silicon-impregnated nylon
      >
      > EDIT: silicon (no cap)
      >

      > *** Each mesh side pockets is large enough for a 500ml (16 oz) water bottle.
      >
      > EDIT: 500 ml (needs space)
      >

      > *** There is an internal pocket inside the main compartment which is large enough for a 3L (100 fl oz) hydration pack.
      >
      > EDIT: 3 L
      >

      > ***The straps on the pack have several elastic bands down each side to string the straw of the hydration bladder through.
      >
      > Edit: I think you mean the "hose" or "tube"
      >

      > *** The back panel uses Gregory's Aero-Tech™ mesh technology which allows for breathability and helps move moisture away from the body to keep you dry.
      >
      > EDIT: remember the "you" thing. How about "to keep me dry"?
      >

      > *** The hikes ranged from 2 hours to 10 hours, covering distances between 4 miles and 15 miles
      >
      > EDIT: need the metric conversions. Use the link above for easy conversions.
      >

      > *** Being a 5'3" (1.6 meters), 120 lb. (55kg) woman
      >
      > EDIT: 55 kg (please place spaces at all occurrences of these numbers)
      >

      > *** The zippers are work as well today, as when I first purchased the pack.
      >
      > EDIT: either delete "are", or make it "working"

    • Ray
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 6, 2009
        OK Kristine,

        One thing that I did not notice was it meeds a title. Like:

        Gregory Reactor Ultralight Daypack

        Owner Review by Kristine Mar

        Just do that and check it yourself in the test folder to make sure that it looks good and you like it. If you do then put it in its new home here:

        Reviews > Packs > Frameless Backpacks and Day Packs > Gregory Reactor Daypack

        Or: http://tinyurl.com/y8ov9at

        Congratulations, you have the first review done! One more to go.