Re: EDIT/Approval - Vasque Zephyr II boots - Andrea Murland

  • richardglyon
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 2, 2009
      Andrea,
      Thanks for the prompt action. My replies to your questions below. I'm leaving most of this up to you. Cheers, Richard

      --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "ringrat55" <amurland@...> wrote:

      > I'll make the changes and upload, but I'd appreciate your further comments on the items I've noted below - specifically the mountain ranges and manufaturer's website.
      >
      > > Comment: Do you ski at Whitewater? Terrific ski area, inbounds and out.
      > >> A day here and there, but it's 1-1.5 hours for me to get there (yah, rough life, I know), and it's only 10 minutes to Red Mountain, which is also a terrific ski area.
      ##### I haven't skied Red Mountain but have heard it's great. I inquired because two of the instructors I met at Whitewater listed Rossland as home base.

      > <Elevation is typically 500-3000 m (1600-10,000 ft), in the Canadian Kootenays or Rockies.>
      > > Edit: I thought that the Kootenays were part of the Rockies (as are the Selkirks, Tetons, and many other ranges). If there is a local distinction you might explain it.
      > >> Canadian vs. American geography; we separate the others from the Rockies. Technically, the "Kootenays" is a region, and to be specific I should say that I hike in the Rockies, Selkirks, Purcells, and Monashees. Or I could say Rockies and Columbia Mountains. Thoughts on this?
      ##### What you wrote was clear to me, and I bow to local custom. I like "Rockies, Selkirks, Purcells, and Monashees" better though. Your call.

      > <MSRP: US $180>
      > > EDIT: I couldn't find a MSRP on Vasque's website. Unless this came from a Vasque hang tag, you should state "Not Available." If it is from a Vasque hang tag, please indicate that.
      > >>The website looks completely different than when I wrote the review a couple weeks ago! The site used to have the price, a different weight, a different layout, etc. I guess that means now I have to go with "Not Available".
      ##### Given that the website makeover impacts three parts of your report, I'd explain how you used the US $180 figure. Something like "(This figure comes from Vasque's website a few weeks ago. The manufacturer has recently revised the website, which no longer includes a MSRP.)" I think it's permissable (and useful) to include the figure, which did come from Vasque.

      > <Listed Weight: 1286 g (2 lb 13 oz)>
      > > EDIT/edit: 3 lb 4 oz/1474 g is what I found listed on the website. That might be a 2009 model, or a Vasque hang tag might have something different. Please correct or explain.
      > >>See above comment re: website. Should I change it to the new weight? I suspect that the difference is in the model, or the size they weighed (it's not specified).
      ##### I would explain. I think it's likely that the boot has changed, especially as your own weight is lower than the old listed weight. Indicate that Vasque doesn't specify the size for its listed weight.

      The website also no longer has as much information regarding the construction materials of the boot; should I change this section?
      ##### No, but indicate that your data came from the prior web page.

    • ringrat55
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 3, 2009
        Thanks Richard.

        Changes made and ready to upload. The link to the folder isn't working...there isn't a folder for the Zephyr II under "Footwear -> Boots".

        Cheers,
        Andrea

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 4, 2009
          Andrea,