For review

  • Marc Castro
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 30, 2009
      LOWEPRO REZO160 CAMERA BAG
      BY MARC CASTRO
      OR
      August 30, 2009

      TESTER INFORMATION

      NAME: Marc Castro
      EMAIL: doc.castro73@...
      AGE: 36
      LOCATION: US Military
      GENDER: m
      HEIGHT: 5' 8" (1.73 m)
      WEIGHT: 210 lb (95.30 kg)

      I am a soldier in the California Army National Guard for 15 years now and spend a lot of time doing field training and deployments. Backpacking is not only a job, and duty but a passion as well. I spend lots of time in different environments and use backpacks and bags for every occasion. Photography is also a passion for me so having the right equiptment with me is vital and what I use to carry my gear even more important. durability, weight and accessibility are just a few of the challenges faced as a Soldier and Photography enthusiast.

      PRODUCT INFORMATION

      Manufacturer: Lowepro
      Year of Manufacture: 2008
      Manufacturer's Website: lowepro.com
      MSRP: US$
      Listed Weight: 1.04lbs/0.47kg
      Measured Weight:
      Other details: Color Black and Grey

      Manufacturer Specs:
      Capacity:
      Digital SLR with attached zoom lens; 1-2 extra lenses or flash and 1 lens; flash and accessories
      Size(Interior):
      8.5W X 4.1D X 7H in./
      21.5 X 10.5 X 17.8 cmSize(Exterior):
      9.4W X 5.7D X 8.4H in./
      24 X 14.5 X 21.2 cmOuter fabric:
      water-resistant micro fiber, ripstop nylon and 600D TXP™

      Purchase Price $39.95 from Army Exchange

      This bag is Black on the outside and grey in the inside.
      There are 2 adjustable pads in the inside of bag to secure the camera and lenses.
      A microfiber cloth is attached to the inside of bag for a quick wipe down of lenses of screen.
      A pocket is attached to lid of bag for additional cards and accessories.
      a large pocket in front of bag holds cleaning supplies.

      FIELD USE

      I purchase the Lowepro REZO 160 Camera Bag about 4 months ago to accompany me and my camera on my travels. I am currently deployed overseas in Europe with the Military and have been sent out on several missions and events. My most recent event was a religious pilgrimage in the hills of Kosovo. The pilgrimage consisted of a 6 Kilometer hike on a winding road through the hills. Considering there is no sidewalks we were confined to the side of the road and the tree line of the woods. once our destination was reached we arrived at a small church with thousands of people and not much room to move around. The weather conditions were ideal for the first portion of the day and a light rain by the end of the day. I have also use this bag in airlift training.

      SUMMARY

      The REZO 160 is a compact bag that is rugged and light weight. It is Ideal for quick get around bag for the photography enthusiast. This bag can carry a DSLR camera with lens attached, an additional lens, cleaning supplies, additional cards and a remote. I am impressed on how well this bag adapts to each situation I face. equipped with a rain cover it is even prepared for the weather. The design is well balanced, strongly built, padded, secure and makes it easy to access equipment.

      THINGS I LIKE

      Light weight
      Compact
      Accessible
      Durable
      Microfiber rag attached
      Rain Cover
      Adjustable padding

      THINGS I DON'T LIKE

      Mesh Pocket on the inside is useless
      Padding on strap
      Could have more pockets on outside

      Copyright 2009. All rights reserved.

    • chcoa
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 4, 2009
        Welcome Marc to BGT.

        First, THANK YOU for serving our country. Second, thanks for posting an OR to BGT. We are always excited about new folks looking to join our group. Before I can add your Owner Review to our edit queue you will need to clarify the number of days and/or nights you have used this product. Please add an estimate of how many times you have used it in the field to your report and then repost the REVISED version to the yahoo group.
        It's also helpful if you use the format
        Owner Review: "product title" - "your name" in the subject line.

        I will take a look and if it meets our use requirements I'll add the report to our edit queue and you will be on your way to getting an official edit.

        Thank you,
        Jamie J. DeBenedetto
        Edit Admin Manager