EDIT: Owner Review of MSR Whisperlite Internationale 600 Stove by Don Taylor

  • rayestrella1
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 7, 2009
      Hello Don,

      Thank you for your Owner Review, your initial edits will follow. They will take the following format;

      EDIT: must be changed

      When you have made the changes please repost here with REPOST added to the subject line. Include your name also please. Put a corrected HTML version in the test folder too.

      I am going to be gone hiking over the weekend, so don't be irked if you jump right on this and I do not respond. Normally I am fairly quick.

      This is a nice job on your second review. I too had one of these stoves for many years.

      Ray

      *** My backpacking trips usually consist of 15 mile days

      EDIT: you need the metric conversion too

      ***Manufacturer: MSR

      EDIT: you need the full name at least once, Mountain Safety Research (MSR)

      ***MSRP: $89.95 US

      EDIT: A MSR does not list their prices this should be N/A

      ***Listed Weight: 11.5 oz (330 g)
      ***Measured Weight for Stove and Accessories (not including fuel bottle) 13.9 oz (394 g)

      EDIT: the listed weight is stove only, they have another weight complete, you should include both and label as such to go along with both your weights.

      ***The MSR Whisperlite Internationale 600 Stove

      EDIT: the correct spelling is as MSR has it, "WhisperLite". Please correct all instances of this.

      Also, where does the "600" come from? Mine was an old one (1993) and did not have the number. Was this something between then and now?

      *** In addition to the folding legs, the stove is equipped with a flexible fuel line that allows for storage in tight spaces such as your cooking pot.

      EDIT: we try to avoid the use of words like "you" and "your" to avoid projection. Keep the review in the first person by saying "my cookpot".

      *** Pump the plunger 15-20 times and insert the stove's fuel line trough the hole in the heat reflector

      EDIT: "through" the hole

      *** Next, rotate the two movable legs into there slots around the flame reflector.

      EDIT: into "their" slots

      ***To light the stove it needs primed first.

      EDIT: it needs "to" be primed first

      *** When the priming flame is down to a small flame (30-60 seconds if you did it right), slowly open the control valve. You are ready to cook. From time to time you may need to pump the bottle a few times to maintain pressure.

      EDIT: lots of "you"s here…
      Remember the Toby Keith song "I Wanna talk about Me"? Now make it "I'm Gonna Write about Me"

      I'm gonna write about me
      gonna write about I
      gonna write about number one
      Oh my me my
      What I think, where I hike, what I know, what I use, what I see
      I know it's natural saying, you you you you, usually, but at BGT,
      I'm gonna write about meeeeee
      Yeah, only write about me

      Copyright Rayby Keith…

      ***At the time I purchased the stove it came with a five year limited warranty. It reads:

      Edit: since the warranty is long expired it is not useful to have this here. In fact I used to put warranty info in all my reviews and was told by Jerry (the man) that it is not really necessary, nor desired. So now I don't.

      ***I have burned white gas and jet fuel (I work at an airport and had to give it try)

      Comment: all us red-blooded guys salute you. (Some with burn scars I am sure…)