EDIT: OR - Vibrum fivefingers Sprint shoes - David Wilkes

  • Andrew Buskov
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 5, 2009
      David, here are your edits

      As usual;
      EDIT: Change Me
      Edit: Think about changing me
      Comment: Everything else

      A very concise, detailed report. This is informational and well thought out.
      It answered quite a few questions I had about the shoes when I first saw
      them, and even makes me want to go out and buy a pair. Nice report indeed.
      Please change the edits and upload to the following folder:
      http://tinyurl.com/l7yxrl

      AB

      EDIT: As Vibram lists these as FiveFingers, please make sure that the
      spelling is exact as such in all references.

      > * Canoeing (3-4 trips) ranging from 1-5hrs. each
      EDIT: please add space after 1-5

      Edit: Because the readers idea of a day hike may be a 25 mile jaunt, how
      about mentioning a rough estimate of total miles you've worn the shoes.
      Something like " I've probably worn these shoes roughly 55 miles in total.

      > When I first learned about the fivefingers line of footwear I was very
      > but having very wide feet I have learned that it can be difficult
      EDIT: There is an extra space between be & difficult. Please remove.

      > am not accustomed to, such as across the top of the foot or just above
      > the heal at the base of the tendon. I have had issues in these areas
      EDIT: I believe you mean heel, not heal.

      > The very thin (almost flimsy) construction of the shoes makes me wonder
      > about their long term durability. I am not concerned about them failing
      > apart as much as me wearing them out, especially in light of how much I
      > wear them. So far they have shown very little in the way of wear aside
      > from the above mentioned stains on the insole.
      EDIT: this paragraph almost borders on projection. If you haven't noticed
      any durability problems, then you can't really say you are concerned about
      them. If, however, you have noticed problems then document those here and
      justify why you're concerned about durability.

      > .... I have caught my little toe (the same one with the
      > above mentioned injury to the nail) a few times on objects (rocks,
      > branches, bedposts) and these shoes as far as I can tell do nothing to
      > prevent or lessen this type of injury (a real problem for those as
      > clumsy as me).
      Comment: These previous paragraphs are good information. Nice detailed
      descriptions.

      >The difference that removing most of the weight off of
      > my feet was incredibly liberating.
      Edit: this sentence reads weird. Consider rephrasing please.

      > shoes for these conditions as extended wear in snow would surly pose a
      EDIT: Please change surly to surely.

      EDIT: Your picture description has usef. Please change to used.

      > The shoes provide some UV protection, as evidenced by my wife and
      > daughters constant teasing about having tan lines on my feet that make
      > me look like I have been wearing "Mary James" (whatever those are). Due
      EDIT: I believe they are referred to as "Mary Janes". See
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Jane_(shoe)

      > I am so pleased with these that I am considering purchasing the "FLOW"
      > style (full coverage and insulated, see tests by BackpackGearTest.org)
      EDIT: Please remove this link. We're getting away from linking to other
      reports. Just say that there are other reports here.
    • amatbrewer
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 10, 2009
        Andrew,
        Thanks for the edits, and pointing out some silly mistakes (of course readers would want to know the distances of the day hikes, especially since these were so short)!
        I made all the changes, uploaded the corrected version and deleted the file from the OR folder.

        Dave