EDIT: REPOST OR : MSR Whisperlite Stove : Brandon Beyer

  • rayestrella1
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 4, 2009
      Hello Brandon,

      OK this is looking better. There were some edits that you missed the first time. Please make all of them this time. Repost again here with the corrected version, placing a new HTML version in the test folder too.

      Almost there,,

      Ray

      EDIT: Your picture is from the MSR website. This is OK but you need to put a caption crediting them with the picture. I usually put, "Photograph courtesy of MSR" or something to that effect.

      ***Manufacturer: MSR (a division of Cascade Designs)

      EDIT: again you need to spell out their name the first time at least. So it should look like this:
      Manufacturer: Mountain Safety Research (MSR), a division of Cascade Designs

      ***Year of Manufacture: 2009

      EDIT: I think you mean 1999 if you have had it for 10 years

      ***Manufacturer's Website: http://cascadedesigns.com

      EDIT: the URL needs to be active and clickable in the HTML version. You do this the same way that you added the pictures in the Report Writer. Go to the Tab marked Links.

      ***Burn time (white gas) per 600 ml / 20 oz. of fuel = 136 minutes (manufacturer specification)
      Boil time (white gas), 1 L / 33.9 oz. = 3.9 minutes
      Water boiled (white gas) per 3.38 oz / 100 ml of fuel = 172.45 oz. / 5.1L
      Water boiled (white gas) per 1 oz / .029 L of fuel = 50.72 oz. / 1.5 L

      EDIT: you should just put a line that say that "all claims below from the manufacturer" unless you have verified these numbers. If you have checked them than that would be something to tell us. In that case say that they are your numbers.

      ***The Whisperlite camp stove comes in a nylon bag which includes:

      EDIT: the name is spelled "WhisperLite" with the capital L. Please change all instances

      ***-Aluminum Heat ring to deflect heat from the ground

      EDIT: I believe the heat ring is to reflect heat from the stove back up towards the pot, and to keep heat away from the surface the stove is sitting on.

      *** MSR fuel bottles can be purchased in the same place the stove is purchased and are available in multiple sizes to accomodate varying needs.

      EDIT: accommodate

      ***The fuel hose fits snuggly into the fuel bottle pump assembly and has a metal clip that swings around the top of the pump to secure the hose to the pump. (see image)

      EDIT: this sentence needs to look like one of these two examples (you choose):

      The fuel hose fits snuggly into the fuel bottle pump assembly and has a metal clip that swings around the top of the pump to secure the hose to the pump. (See image.)

      The fuel hose fits snuggly into the fuel bottle pump assembly and has a metal clip that swings around the top of the pump to secure the hose to the pump (see image).

      ***The stove stands about four inches tall and is very stable.

      EDIT: you need the metric conversion for all measurements.

      ***To light this stove the fuel cup on the bottom of the stove must be primed. This is achieved by pumping the pressure valve attached to the fuel bottle a few times. Once there is a little fuel in the cup, the fuel is getting where it needs to be.

      EDIT: how did the fuel get into the cup? You forgot to say that "after pumping it I slightly open the control knob, allowing a small amount of fuel to flow into the priming cup".

      ***Next, the fuel in the cup must be lit and allowed to warm up the stove valve.

      EDIT: it warms up the generator (the curved section of steel tubing that the fuel runs through. This is what turns the fuel from a liquid into a gaseous form.

      ***It boils water in about 3 minutes at sea level. I have boiled water in about 5 minutes at around 11,000 feet / 3353 m above sea level.

      EDIT: you may need to clarify this a bit. How much water boiled in three minutes at sea level? How much took five minutes to boil at 11,000 ft? At sea level, water boils at 212 F. However, for every 500 feet above sea level, water boils at 0.9 F less, so the same amount of water (assuming the same starting temperature and pot also) would boil at 192.2 F. It should boil faster, not slower.

      I am not saying that your numbers are wrong, just that it should be clarified that "my normal boils in the field, sometimes as high as 11,000 ft/3350 m takes me about 5 minutes on average". Something like that.

      ***This stove has made camp meals for me and my comrads

      EDIT: comrades
    • Brandon Beyer
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 4, 2009
        Thanks for the edits Ray. I will have the edited version up shortly.