My Profile for prospective gear testing
- Name: Steve Reed
Experience: I've been backpacking and canoeing for over 20 years. I try to
take at least one major trip each year. I've always been the "gear nut" in
my regular camping group. Although I usually get a lot of kidding the first
time I bring some new gadget or "luxury" item along, I notice that my fellow
campers are usually trying the sneak the same equipment along on the next
trip. I'm currently revamping my gear and trying to go more ultralight.
I'm also planning on thru-hiking the Superior Trail next summer.
* Kelty Windfoil Ultralight Tent
* SD Lit-n-up and Marmot Tarn sleeping bags
* ThermaRest regular and ultralite pads
* PUR Scout water filter
* MSR Whisperlite Shaker Stove (one can never have enough stoves, they
are one of my gear nut weaknesses)
* Optimus 8R Stove
* Optimus 99 Stove
* Optimus 199 Stove
* GAZ370 Stove Stove
* Coleman Peak 1 400 stove
* Gregory Massif Backpack (currently looking for something lighter
I'm interested in being gear tester.
sreed@... <mailto:sreed@...> or stevendreed@...
Steven D. Reed
4412 98th Street
Urbandale, IA 50322