My Profile for prospective gear testing

  • Reed, Steven D.
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 21 9:13 AM
      Name: Steve Reed
      Gender: Male
      Age: 44
      Location: Iowa

      Experience: I've been backpacking and canoeing for over 20 years. I try to
      take at least one major trip each year. I've always been the "gear nut" in
      my regular camping group. Although I usually get a lot of kidding the first
      time I bring some new gadget or "luxury" item along, I notice that my fellow
      campers are usually trying the sneak the same equipment along on the next
      trip. I'm currently revamping my gear and trying to go more ultralight.
      I'm also planning on thru-hiking the Superior Trail next summer.

      Basic Gear:

      * Kelty Windfoil Ultralight Tent
      * SD Lit-n-up and Marmot Tarn sleeping bags
      * ThermaRest regular and ultralite pads
      * PUR Scout water filter
      * MSR Whisperlite Shaker Stove (one can never have enough stoves, they
      are one of my gear nut weaknesses)
      * Optimus 8R Stove
      * Optimus 99 Stove
      * Optimus 199 Stove
      * GAZ370 Stove Stove
      * Coleman Peak 1 400 stove
      * Gregory Massif Backpack (currently looking for something lighter
      weight)

      I'm interested in being gear tester.

      Thanks,

      -Steve