EDIT/APPROVAL: OR - Gossamer Gear Lightrek Poles - Nancy Griffith

  • Hollis Easter
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 5, 2009
      Hi Nancy,

      Here are your edits for the Gossamer Gear Lightrek Poles. Mostly small
      things; I think you can handle them on your own, though I'm glad to take
      a gander at the final version if you'd like.

      They follow the usual conventions for BGT edits:
      EDIT: You must change this.
      Edit: You should change this, or explain why not.
      Comment: Just something to think about.

      When you've made the edits, please upload your report to
      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Trekking%20Poles/Poles/Gossamer%20Gear%20Lightrek%20Poles/
      and then delete your HTML from the test folder.

      Thanks for your hard work!

      Hollis
      BGT Editor

      =-=-=-=
      > Note: Mine are an older version that were slightly heavier. They
      > measured what
      > was advertised for them.

      Comment: I had to read the second sentence a few times before I got it.
      If the poles measure what was advertised for them, why not just put 3.2
      oz as their listed weight? You might add that later versions are
      advertised as being lighter.

      > Length Tested: 120 cm
      > Sizes Available: From 105 to 135 cm (in 5 cm increments)

      EDIT: Since Gossamer Gear does list length conversions, we need them
      here.

      > [snipped multiple empty lines]

      Edit: there are many extra spaces before the beginning of your Field Use
      section. Is it possible to remove some of them?

      > I purchased my poles in August 2007 and have used them for approximately
      > 135
      > miles of backpacking on 6 different trips for a total of 20 days. I also

      EDIT: Please add a conversion for 135 miles.

      > used
      > them for approximately 10 day hikes averaging 5 miles. I chose the

      EDIT: Please add a conversion for 5 miles.

      > for me was that they advertised that I could get a replacement pole for
      > $30 USD

      Edit: You abbreviate United States dollars as "USD" here, but "US" up in
      your product information section. Could you choose one abbreviation and
      use it on both prices?

      > [trip report section snipped]

      EDIT: Please spell out "National Park" and "California" instead of "NP"
      and "CA" for the benefit of our international readers.

      > trailhead in my car. I haven't transported them via airline only because
      > I'm
      > afraid to lose them.

      Edit: I might remove 'only' for clarity. Your call.

      Nice review, Nancy! I'll catch you on the next one.
      Hollis
      BGT Editor
    • Nancy Griffith
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 7, 2009
        Hi Hollis,

        Thanks for the edits.  Sorry for some of them being so silly.  I started this review a long time ago and found that it had little things in it that I have since learned to correct.  It seems that I posted it without noticing all of them.

        I have made the corrections, uploaded and deleted the test file.

        Congrats on your new 'Documentation Moderator' role!

        Nancy