RE: [BackpackGearTest] Report Writer 1.5 Update Now Available

  • Edwin Morse
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 25, 2009
      Shane,
      I've tried several times now to install the updated version of Report
      Writer. I get an error report wverytine with the following message:

      error creating process<command.com/c
      C:\Users\Edwin\AppData\Local\Temp\IXP000.TMP\mycopy.bat

      I have reinstalled the Report Writer and created a backup using the backup
      utility. I also copied the MYBGT Reports folder to an external drive.

      What am I doing wrong?

      Ed M

      _____

      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 25, 2009
        > error creating process<command.com/c
        > C:\Users\Edwin\AppData\Local\Temp\IXP000.TMP\mycopy.bat
        >
        > I have reinstalled the Report Writer and created a backup using the backup
        > utility. I also copied the MYBGT Reports folder to an external drive.
        >
        > What am I doing wrong?

        Probably running Windows 95 or Windows 98... Hmmm... Which one?

        Shane
      • Edwin Morse
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 25, 2009
          I'm running Vista...

          Ed

          _____

          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 25, 2009
            > I'm running Vista...

            Ah. The devil then.

            Try this. Create a folder on your computer. Download the file into that
            folder.

            IT MUST BE AN EMPTY FOLDER! DO NOT DO THIS ON YOUR DESKTOP!

            Right click the file, and select, "Run As Administrator."

            Shane
          • Edwin Morse
            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 25, 2009
              That didn't work either. I still get the same error message.

              Ed M

              _____

              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 25, 2009
                On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 7:24 PM, Shane
                Steinkamp<ygroups@...> wrote:

                >> I'm running Vista...
                >
                > Ah. The devil then.

                Hrmm I have Vista. Havent installed it yet. Maybe tomorrow night.

                Brian
              • jetriple@rockwellcollins.com
                Message 7 of 13 , Jun 26, 2009
                  With Vista make sure your user account is set as an administrator. If
                  it's not, you can't even do simple things like burn CDs. (I found this
                  out after some agonizing efforts moving my music collection from an XP
                  computer to the Vista laptop... several times.)

                  Jet

                  BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com wrote on 06/25/2009 10:37:42 PM:

                  > On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 7:24 PM, Shane
                  > Steinkamp<ygroups@...> wrote:
                  > >

                  > >> I'm running Vista...
                  > >
                  > > Ah. The devil then.
                  >

                  > Hrmm I have Vista. Havent installed it yet. Maybe tomorrow night.
                  >
                  > Brian

                • Paul Schilke
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jun 27, 2009
                    When I click control v to paste in report writer, nothing pastes except for T character. However control c cuts stuff out.

                    ________________________________

                  • theMiddleSister@usaring.com
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jun 27, 2009
                      Paul,

                      I can't help you, but I can tell you that I just finished working on an OR
                      and I was able to cut and paste using Control C and Control V all over the
                      place.

                      Kathy
[...]

                      ------------------------------------

                      To read our reviews, please visit http://www.backpackgeartest.org/Yahoo!
                      Groups Links

                      http://www.eset.com
                    • Paul Schilke
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jun 27, 2009
                        OK.  I found that right click provides a menu with both copy, paste, etc.

                        ________________________________

                        ____________ _________ _________ __

                        Message 11 of 13 , Jun 28, 2009
                          Shane,
                          I think I might have found a way around my installation problems.
                          I installed the 1.5 update to my laptop which is running Windows XP. Then I
                          copied the MYBGT folder to an external hard drive, moved the hard drive back
                          to the Vista machine and then copied the MYBGT folder, with the newer
                          version back to the Vista machine. It appears to have worked.

                          I will know for sure when I finish the Kuru Shicane hiking shoes FR.

                          Ed M

                          _____