EDIT: MSR Hubba HP Tent Review-Cheryl McMurray

  • Roger Caffin
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 21, 2009
      EDIT: MSR Hubba HP Tent Review-Cheryl McMurray

      Hi Cheryl

      OK, another one, and a fairly difficult subject. Overall not bad, with just
      a few things needing your attention. Could you edit and Repost both bits
      please?

      Cheers
      Roger Caffin
      BGT Editor
      --------------------------
      > DESCRIPTION (taken from website)
      EDIT: The reader could get all this by going to the MSR web site. We really
      want YOUR description, which may differ significantly from the marketing
      spin. By putting it in YOUR words we avoid all the (sometimes meaningless)
      manufacturer jargon too. A few quotes is one thing, but not the entire
      Description please.

      > The material of the tent is extremely soft to the touch and feels
      Edit: awfully long paragraph, with several diferent topics. It would be
      better if you could break it up a bit, with one main topic per para.

      > (pictured below right in silver) is 1 oz (28 gm).
      EDIT: On my screen the third pic is below the other two. Perhaps it would be
      better to write (third pic below). (Yeah, good tent stakes matter!)

      > The tent was used in the desert, on snow, below tree line
      Comment: OK, but no rain or storms experienced. Clarify this. Nice photos
      though.

      EDIT: you have a photo of the tent pitched in the snow, but you don't state
      what stakes you used here. This matters somewhat, even if slightly
      peripheral to the tent. If you used the Y stakes you should explain how, and
      why they held!

      > but would not have felt as secure without the three extra stakes.
      Comment: now this IS the sort of observation we really do want in an OR!

      > The tent then clips onto the pole and into the ends of the strut
      EDIT: 'The inner tent clips ...' Some people regard 'the tent' as being the
      outer layer, so you need to make it clear for all.

      > The fly attaches to the poles with the same grommet system
      EDIT: you need to make it clear that the fly is thrown over the poles after
      the inner and the poles have been pitched. This is very important for some
      people who have to pitch their tent in pouring rain a lot. It can mean the
      bucket groundsheet getting a lot of water in it.

      > condensation on the inside of the fly but not in the tent.
      EDIT: 'but not inside the inner tent.'

      > I cannot comment on it's waterproofness or ability to hold up in
      > snowfall.
      EDIT: you should move this up into the Field Information. It will be very
      important for the reader who is looking for experiences with the tent in bad
      weather. (You have been lucky!)