American harvest dehydrator

  • Kraft, Toby
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 31, 2002
      Message
      Okay, So the American Harvester name has been thrown around a lot, but there are different models.  I just figured this out.  Does someone want to compare the different models?  Are they all basically the same except for the 1000 models which are obviously different and more expensive?  Maybe I should ask about this on BPL.
      -Toby K.

    • Sue Alexander
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 31, 2002
        Message
        I can talk about the model I have which I know isn't a 1000 and was considerably cheaper than the 1000.

        I am having difficulty with this site; I cannot seem to set it to deliver on daily digest or web only; any suggestions?  Is anyone else having this trouble?

        Sue Alexander
        Guelph, Ontario
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 31, 2002
          In looking at the instruction manual which contains 3 models of
          American Harvest dehydrators, The snack master pro and Snack master
          express have smaller motors, no on-off switch and smaller trays which
          can only be added to for up to 10 sq ft of area, where the Garden
          master has up to 30 square feet. Sorry for not making it totally
          clear on how much is avaiable in my review. I went with the more
          expensive (much more) because I do so much drying. The Garden master
          also dries faster than the Snackmasters, which was also a factor in
          my decision.

          Faye

          --- In BackpackGearTest@y..., "Sue Alexander" <sue@n...> wrote:
          > MessageI can talk about the model I have which I know isn't a 1000
          and was considerably cheaper than the 1000.

        • John F. Meyer, Jr.
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 31, 2002
            #I am having difficulty with this site; I cannot seem to set it to
            #deliver on daily digest or web only; any suggestions? Is anyone else
            #having this trouble?

            I recently switched my domain name to Yahoo Geocities and set up
            multiple mailboxes (one for listservs, one for normal mail), and Yahoo
            Groups would only deliver mail to my primary e-mail (all groups were
            affected, not just BGT), regardless of which e-mail I selected. I got
            it working by deleting all but the address I wanted, so list mail went
            there, then adding the others back left mail going where I wanted while
            allowing me to post from the others too. I had assumed the problem was
            either my profile or my Yahoo Mail configuration, but if you are having
            the same problem with a different setting, maybe the subscription
            settings page is buggy. I don't know if that helps any, but if it seems
            like a Yahoo problem, I would suggest contacting Yahoo about possible
            Solutions.

            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 31, 2002
              Message

              I’ve just got the plain jane snackmaster. BPL would be another good place to ask, as would the food lists.

              Jerry

              Okay, So the American Harvester name has been thrown around a lot, but there are different models.  I just figured this out.  Does someone want to compare the different models?  Are they all basically the same except for the 1000 models which are obviously different and more expensive?  Maybe I should ask about this on BPL.

              -Toby K.

            • Jerry Goller
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 31, 2002
                Message

                Yahoo seems to be having a few problems this week.

                Jerry

                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 1, 2002
                  Hi

                  On the topic of food lists, the Yahoo! group, Light Trail Food has been having a real good discussion on dehydrators etc.  Seems to be some people there with a lot of experience and constructive comment on using dehydrators (at least to this total novice on the subject).  The URL for the group is http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lighttrailfood/.

                  Cheers
                  Andrew

                  --
                  Aushiker - Hiking in Western Australia - http://aushiker.cjb.net

                  Get paid for responding to and receiving relevant email and/or SMS messages - pureprofile by Australia Post

                • Dave Hicks
                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 1, 2002
                    I have the Snackmaster Pro FD 50T which has a timer and an adjustable
                    thermostat so you can dry different foods needing different temperature
                    settings. The adjustable 95-145ºF thermostat gives me that flexibility. The
                    timer gives me peace of mind.

                    Chainsaw