EDIT/Approval - Mountainsmith Strapette - Kathleen Waters

  • richardglyon
    Message 1 of 2 , May 4, 2009
      Kathy, excellent review of a product I'd never heard of but may now consider acquiring. Edits below in the usual format (EDIT=must change; Edit=consider changing; Comment=whatever) and a general Edit/Comment, meaning a suggestions only: A photo of you wearing your day pack with the Strapette would show exactly how it transfers weight from your lower back, something that wasn't entirely clear to me and isn't pictured on Mountainsmith's website. Consider adding one. After revising you may upload at http://tinyurl.com/d65gep Be sure to delete your Tests folder copy. Cheers, Richard

      Warranty: Most Mountainsmith products are covered by a Lifetime Warranty against materials and workmanship defects. Products found to be defective will be repaired or replaced at our discretion and Mountainsmith reserves the right to make all determinations as to the use of this policy. Products failing due to normal wear and tear, abuse, accident, critters, or natural breakdown of materials over extended use and time will be repaired for a nominal fee."
      EDIT: Need quotation marks at the beginning and end.

      <It can be used per the Mountainsmith literature with various packs in the Mountainsmith line. In this review, I am using the Strapette with the Mountainsmith Recycled Lumbar Day Pack.>
      Edit: The website (including your quote above) says it works also with "travel trunks." Consider adding something about that, even if you didn't use it for that.
      Comment: Such an application would be very useful for me; I may check with Mountainsmith about what "travel trunks" are.

      <The Strapette consists of mainly of two shoulder straps, padded in the front and over the shoulder area,>
      EDIT: Delete the first "of" [after "consists"]

      < Well, it took me a while and when Santa neglected to bring me the requested Strapette for Christmas this past year, I finally tracked them down and bought them myself in January.2009.>
      EDIT: tracked it down and bought it myself
      EDIT: January 2009 [a space instead of a period between the two]

      <On actual dayhikes, again, depending on the weather, my Day Pack weight might be as heavy as 15 lb (7 kg) - mostly water.>
      Edit: This would read better without the comma after "again"

      <Hmmm, that might not be all bad though .>
      EDIT: Delete the space before the period.

      <I simply unclip the back buckles and twist the figure 8 clasps in the front, pushing them
      through the Day Pack loops and Voila! the Strapette is loose.>
      Edit: No need to capitalize "voilĂ "

      <I love my Mountainsmith Recycled Lumbar Day Pack and have used it extensively over the last 18 months both in casual settings and on short backcountry trekkings.>
      Edit: "treks" is a better word than "trekkings," but meaning is clear so up to you
    • theMiddleSister@usaring.com
      Message 2 of 2 , May 5, 2009
        Richard,

        Thanks for an excellent edit. You were right on in all instances. I have
        made the corrections and as soon as John's gets home tonight, I will have
        him take a picture to add to the report and upload.

        Thanks!
        Kathy

        --- End forwarded message ---

        http://www.eset.com