APPLICATION FOR CACHE LAKE EGG MEALS

  • Matthew Mioduszewski
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 3, 2009
      This is my application for the Cache Lake Egg Meals. I mailed my Tester
      Agreement on Tuesday 3/31/09 and believe it should have arrived today 4/3/09
      or tomorroe 4/4/09. I read Chapter 5, version v. 0609, of the
      BackpackGearTest Survival Guide. I will follow its requirements and abide by
      its tenets.

      NAME: Matt Mioduszewski
      EMAIL: Mattanuska AT gmail DOT com
      AGE: 26
      LOCATION: Portland, Oregon
      GENDER: M
      HEIGHT: 5' 8" (1.73 m)
      WEIGHT: 140 lb (63.50 kg)

      I have done weekend trips in Michigan, in addition to a five-month hike on
      the Appalachian Trail in 2007. After this I moved to Portland, and
      frequently hike in the Columbia River Gorge and the Oregon and Washington
      Cascades. I generally do day hikes, and weekend overnighters, with 5-15 lbs
      (2.3 - 6.8 kg), but carry 25-30 lbs (11.3 - 13.6 kg) on multi-day trips. I
      enjoy doing steep climbs, 2000-5000 ft (600 - 1500 m). I started winter
      hiking with traction devices, snowshoeing, and am taking a basic
      mountaineering course as of spring 2009.

      Backpacking Background applicable to this test: Starting from my first
      mottled backpacking foray with ancient gear from my parents basement, my
      food repertoire has undergone a dramatic shift. While in those first meals
      were basically things scrounged from the refrigerator and a dry good or two,
      cooked over a heavy, 25 year old stove or a camp fire, I now use a very
      compact alcohol stove and a single small titanium pot. Thru-hiking on the
      Appalachian Trail exposed me to a wide variety of foodstuffs and the skills
      to pare packing down to the bare minimum and get the most bang for my buck.
      I frequently put water-ready meals in freezer ziplock bags to expedite the
      cooking process, reduce dish cleaning, and reduce packaging. While hiking
      on the Appalchian Trail I tried a large range of commercial freeze dried
      footstuffs.

      Field Information: I will test these food products on extended day hikes or
      early spring/summer overnighters in the Oregon and Washington Cascade
      Mountains or the Columbia River Gorge. Given that these are breakfast
      foods, I would try a side-by-side comparison to my usual breakfast (cereal
      and powdered milk) to see if there is a discernible energy difference.

      Previously Written Reports:
      Owner Reviews:

      ARC'TERYX - FUGITIVE HOODY MENS - February 28th, 2009
      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Clothing/Shirts/ArcTeryx%20Fugitive%20Hoody%20Mens/Owner%20Review%20by%20Matthew%20Mioduszewski/

      LEKI ULTRALITE TI ERGOMETRIC POLES - March 4, 2008
      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Trekking%20Poles/Poles/Leki%20Ultralite%20Ti%20Ergometric%20Poles/Owner%20Review%20by%20Matthew%20Mioduszewski/

      **
      Thanks for your consideration in this product testing,

      Matt Mioduszewski

    • richardglyon
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 4, 2009
        Matt,
        Applications belong on our sister site, www.backpackgeartesters.com. You may need to join that Yahoo group. Glad to see you applying! Regards, Richard
        --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, Matthew Mioduszewski <mattanuska@...> wrote:

        > This is my application for the Cache Lake Egg Meals. I mailed my Tester
        > Agreement on Tuesday 3/31/09 and believe it should have arrived today 4/3/09
        > or tomorroe 4/4/09. I read Chapter 5, version v. 0609, of the
        > BackpackGearTest Survival Guide. I will follow its requirements and abide by
        > its tenets.

      • Jason Boyle
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 5, 2009
          Matt,

          Richard means the yahoo group Backpackgeartesters. There isn't a www site that he listed below. Good luck

          Jason B