Fw: Owner Review - Oakley Sunglasses

  • J Ball
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2 11:23 PM
      Alcon,
      This is a resend of my 1st Owner Review.

      V/r
      JBALL

      Date: March 30, 2009

      Backpacking Background:  I started backpacking a few years ago, in the
      Military, so I mostly take weekend trips.  I pack light and use gear
      that can double for many uses and climates.  I hike many different types
      of terrain from the steep short mountainous terrain of Korea, rocky
      terrain of Afghanistan, to the Colorado back country.  I encounter
      temperatures ranging from sub 0 to 130 plus.  My gear must be light
      versatile and WORK in any situation no matter the extreme.

      Product under review:
      Oakley M Frame sun glasses (sweep style lens);
      http://oakley.com/pd/2024/5418 Manufactured in 2003, I purchased this
      product in 2004 from the post exchange, Camp Casey, Korea.  Cost $79.00.
      This is a very lightweight stress resistant pair of glasses that gives a
      color as true as I've seen in any glasses.  Available in prescription
      (+2.00 to -4.00 with cylinder up to -2.00).

      Field Information:
      Soy son Mountain, Korea - High Humidity, hot, rainy
      Desert environment, Iraq - Extreme Hot, dry, sandy
      High Country Mountains, Colorado, US - moderate warm summer, cold winter

      I purchased the Oakley M Frame sweep lens glasses while stationed in
      Korea, this product is has been tested daily from the time of purchase,
      on several back packing trips in Korea, to snowboarding trips in the
      back country of Colorado, two trips to Iraq and in several other states
      while on motorcycle rides.  The quick exchange of clear lens and gray
      (smoke) allow for only one pair of glasses needed night and day.  Since
      June of 2004 until present I've worn this glasses and put them to the
      durability test, in 4.5 years I've bought two new replacement lens and
      one new set of earpiece covers.  The replacement lens were bought
      because of damaged caused during sand storms and convoy's in Iraq.  This
      product has ultimately saved my eyes from extreme environmental strains,
      from snow glare in Colorado and sand storms in Iraq.  There is no other
      product that can come close to the comfort, fit and durability of the
      Oakley M Frame (sweep lens).

      I have tested the Oakley M Frame (sweep lens) against Wiley X climate
      control which always fog up.  I have also tested against Wiley X
      classic, allowed too much air to flow up from the bottom of the lens
      causing irritation to eyes from sand or wind.  These are a daily user
      that WILL not be replaced.  Military Personnel can obtain through US
      Standard issue for Government and Military at a reduced rate through
      Oakley from the following web site: www.usstandardissue.com