EDIT/Approval - 180s Quantum Dry Base Layer Pant - Kathleen Waters

  • richardglyon
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 27, 2009
      Kathy, now for the pants. Many of the edits are repeats from the earlier review of the top; isn't cutting and pasting wonderful! Again consider a cross-reference. After revising upload to http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Clothing/Underwear/180s%20Quantum%20Dry%20Base%20Layer%20Pant/ Be sure to delete both Tests/OR file copies.

      Cheers, Richard

      <This "zone" upon close inspection reveals a rougher looking fabric>
      Edit: rougher-looking [with a hyphen].

      <Then, there is an embedded ribbed knit (looks like raised stripes) which covers the hip, quad and calve areas.>
      EDIT: calf areas

      <Lastly, there are tightly knit 5" (13 cm) stockinette stitch cuffs on the legs to keep them in place and from riding up>
      EDIT: Need a period at the end of the sentence.

      We started at an elevation of 10,500 ft (3200 m) and had a slight, but constant elevation gain to 10,800 ft (3292 m).>
      Edit: Consider deleting the comma after "slight."

      < Still, no wind and very little humidity were present.>
      Edit: Consider deleting the comma.

      <Terrain varied from sandy beach shore to medium size rocks to very large rocks at the reservoir's edge, then changed to dry hard packed dirt to mud to icy snow patches>
      Edit: Edit: medium-size, hard-packed, and higher-treed [each with a hyphen]

      <Elevation started at 5400 ft (137 m) and gained about 200 ft (5 m).>
      EDIT: Please correct your metric conversions.

      <Daytime temperatures were a pleasant 50 to 67 F (10 to19 C)>
      EDIT: Add a space between "19" and "C"

      < It is not so tight as to constrict but it is form fitting enough to hug my body.>
      Edit: form-fitting [with a hyphen]

      < I don't mean to say, the pants weren't wet, they were. But, the wicking worked so well, I was not aware of being wet.>
      Edit: Consider deleting the first and third commas.

      <180s claims the fabric of the pants is able to both wick sweat (I can testify to that from my experiences) as well as repel water. Unfortunately, I have not had the courage to strip down to only the pants on the trail to test its reaction to precipitation .>
      Edit: Use of "both" requires "and" instead of "as well as."
      EDIT: Delete the space between "precipitation" and the period.

      <Unlike a lot of my tops I have, as of yet, the 180s crew has not shown any signs of pilling or fabric weakening from the friction caused by the straps and hipbelt of my pack.>
      Edit: Consider deleting the second comma (after "as of yet")
      EDIT: Change "crew" to "pant"

      <1.) Absolutely, nothing!>
      EDIT: Delete the comma.
    • theMiddleSister@usaring.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 27, 2009
        Richard,

        Thanks for the edits - both of them! I've made the corrections, uploaded
        and deleted the test files. Now onto editing YOUR OR <g>

        Kathy