EDIT/Approval - 180s L/S Crew - Kathleen Waters

  • richardglyon
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 27, 2009
      Kathy, here are your edits on your OR for the 180s Quantum Dry Base Layer Long Sleeve Crew. The usual format: EDIT is a required change, Edit a suggested change, and Comment a comment – no change required. You might consider advising the reader of your review of the companion piece (in both reviews). When you've revised post at http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Clothing/Underwear/180s%20QUANTUM%20DRY%20BASE%20LAYER%20LS%20CREW/

      Excellent report on a product from a manufacturer new to me. Cheers, Richard

      <180s QUANTUM DRY BASE LAYER LS CREW>
      EDIT: LONG SLEEVE CREW [That's the manufacturer's product name.]

      <There is a tagless "tag" at the back neckline of the crew as well as a traditional cloth tag washing instructions.>
      EDIT cloth tag with washing instructions

      <This "zone" upon close inspection reveals a rougher looking fabric>
      Edit: rougher-looking [with a hyphen].

      <Lastly, there is a tightly knit 4.5" (11 cm) stockinette stitch cuff on the sleeves to keep the sleeves in place and from riding up>
      EDIT: Add a period at the end of this sentence.

      <Half of that time was casual wear at work under a casual shirt or sweater or solo.>
      Edit: Moving "solo" before "under a casual shirt" would add clarity [I first thought you were wearing it under a solo.] Or you could add a comma after "sweater."

      <We started at an elevation of 10,500 ft (3200 m) and had a slight, but constant elevation gain to 10,800 ft (3292 m).>
      Edit: I'm an ardent member of the comma police. Consider deleting the comma after "slight."

      <Still, no wind and very little humidity were present.>
      EDIT: I think you need to delete the comma, unless you are using "Still" as an adjective ("Calm, no wind . . . )

      <There was, at most, just a light occasional breeze. Terrain varied from sandy beach shore to medium size rocks to very large rocks>
      Edit: medium-size [with a hyphen]

      <then changed to dry hard packed dirt to mud to icy snow patches in the offshore higher treed sections of the trail.
      Edit: hard-packed and higher-treed [each with a hyphen]

      <Elevation started at 5400 ft (137 m) and gained about 200 ft (5 m).>
      EDIT: Please correct your metric conversions.

      <Daytime temperatures were a pleasant 50 to 67 F (10 to19 C)>
      EDIT: add a space between "19" and "C"

      < It is not so tight as to constrict but it is form fitting enough to hug my body.>
      Edit: form-fitting [with a hyphen]

      <Conversely, I don't like too short sleeves which leave my wrists exposed, particularly in cold
      weather.>
      Edit: too-short [with a hypen] (Almost an EDIT here.)

      <The inside of the crew is very soft and the Polypropylene face provides a smooth, next-to-skin feel. .>
      Edit: No need to capitalize "polypropylene"
      EDIT: Delete the space and extra period that follow the sentence.

      <I don't mean to say, the crew wasn't wet, it was. But, the wicking worked so well, I was not aware of being wet.>
      Edit: You could delete the commas after "to say" and "But" without changing meaning.

      <180s claims the fabric of the crew is able to both wick sweat (I can testify to that from my experiences) as well as repel water.>
      Edit: Use of "both" requires "and" instead of "as well as." I am curious: Did you mean wick sweat and repel water simultaneously? If so, I'd say that.

      <Unlike a lot of my tops I have, as of yet, the 180s crew has not shown any signs of pilling or fabric weakening from the friction caused by the straps and hipbelt of my pack.>
      Edit: Consider deleting the second comma (after "as of yet")

      <THINGS I DON'T LIKE
      1.) Absolutely, nothing!>
      EDIT: Delete the comma. Here adding it changes the meaning.