Edit:/Approval: L.L. Bean Stowaway Rain Jacket - Kellie Carlisle

  • pamwyant
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2009
      Gee I wish I could edit titles after I post.

      I should have used this title on the earlier post, so to make
      everything easier for Jamie to track, here is a correctly title post
      with the main point - approved!

      <SNIP>

      > I found just a couple of minor items for you to correct this time:
      >

      > >The wrists cuffs have elastic which helps to keep them in place
      and
      > >are comfortable and not as scratchy as some Gortex products are.
      >
      > ### Edit: should be "wrist cuffs"
      >
      > ### Edit: you have a quotation mark at the front of each of your
      > listed 'like and dislike' items. I think this should either be
      > removed completely or replaced with some sort of bullet mark rather
      > than a quote mark.
      >
      > Once you've made those minor corrections, you are approved to
      upload
      > your report to its permanent home in the folder here:
      >
      > http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Rain%20Gear/Jackets%20and%
      > 20Pants/L.%20L.%20Bean%20Stowaway%20Rainwear%20Jacket/
      >
      > OR: http://tinyurl.com/ctu4up

      <SNIP>

      Pam
    • pamwyant
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 5, 2009
        Kellie,

        After re-checking your uploaded version, I found that I missed a couple of edits. If you would be so kind as to correct them, I would greatly appreciate it. First, in your location, the state needs to be spelled out as Maryland rather than abbreviated. This is a courtesy to our non-US readers, who may not be familiar with our abbreviations.

        Second, your website URL for LL Bean needs to be made clickable (so it will take the reader to LL Bean's website if they click on it).

        Thanks, and sorry for having missed these.

        Pam
      • Kellie Carlisle
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 6, 2009
          Pam,

          Done. Short and sweet and it was my fault the link was not "clickable" because I did not know that I had to put any commands in the line for it to function, but using the BGT software showed me how! Maybe now I can get the pics to work for my future OR's. I will be sending another OR within the next 48 hours. We had a fantastic snow storm that I just had to get out and enjoy first though..shame on me. Please confirm with me that the HTML file is now correct.

          Thanks a bunch everyone, and especially Pam, for getting me through my first OR with very little fuss or muss. I very much look forward to working with you for a long long time as I was a technical writer for 15 years before I quit to become a volunteer hospital chaplain AND to lead outdoor expeditions full time which both are my true passions and callings in life. It is nice to be writing again although is much different than technical writing so please understand if it takes me a while to learn to use adjectives and personalize things. Hey, at least you don't have to worry about me projecting!

          Kellie Carlisle
          The Caring Paradox -- Self-realization is only possible through caring for others. Caring for and about others is caring for ourselves

          > Kellie,
          >
          > After re-checking your uploaded version, I found that I missed a couple of edits. If you would be so kind as to correct them, I would greatly appreciate it. First, in your location, the state needs to be spelled out as Maryland rather than abbreviated. This is a courtesy to our non-US readers, who may not be familiar with our abbreviations.
          >
          > Second, your website URL for LL Bean needs to be made clickable (so it will take the reader to LL Bean's website if they click on it).
          >
          > Thanks, and sorry for having missed these.
          >
          > Pam

        • pamwyant
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 6, 2009
            Thanks Kellie,

            Everything looks fine, and the link is working. Spread the word and let your outdoor expedition partipants know about us too. We could use a lot more gear testers, as there is sometimes more gear than the current number of testers can handle.

            Hope to see you testing soon. I know there have been several items already this season that could have used a few more applications, and some of us are already getting our test loads pretty full, so you will probably be selected for something pretty quickly once you complete your second review and start applying to test.

            Pam