Getting started...again.

  • ianlee74
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2009
      Hi,

      I joined this group a year or so ago then got "distracted" (had a
      couple kids) before I could get my owner reviews done. I'm ready to
      get started again, but it seems that maybe the rules have changed
      here so I want to make sure I haven't missed out on anything. I
      remember I had mailed in a form with my bio on it. I don't see any
      mention of that requirement anymore, so I assume it isn't necessary
      anymore?

      My wife got me a Magellan Triton 400 GPS for Christmas this year and
      I figured that since I'm going through the paces of testing it out
      right now that I might as well go ahead and write an owner review for
      it. Am I being too aggressive here? I see that the docs say I
      should use something that I've used for a long time. This obviously
      isn't the case with the device.

      I'm not sure if I had a mentor before. Are these assigned in advance
      or should I just post here when I have questions? If I do not have
      one, can someone hook me up?

      I'm looking forward to contributing to the group.

      Thanks,

      Ian
    • rayestrella1
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 3, 2009
        Hello Ian,

        If you have had time to have a couple of kids since you started I will
        guess that it has been a bit more than a year. ;-) The Bylaws were
        updated a couple years ago. You probably want to go through them
        again.

        It would be better to get a season of use with your new GPS unit
        before attempting to review it. Intricate items like GPS units are not
        recommended for first reviews anyway. Try something small that you use
        a lot as long as it is still current.

        You can request a mentor by sending an email to the mentor
        coordinator, Jenn, at mentor@...

        Which ever way you decide to go, welcome back.