RE: [BackpackGearTest] Re: Mentor advice for first report

  • Mark McLauchlin
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 1, 2009
      Great,

      Ok so you did get a response to your question then, go with Ed's suggestion
      below.

      Pick something that is your favorite piece of hiking gear, this will make
      writing about it a lot easier.

      If you get stuck, email the mentor group and you will be assigned someone to
      work with you. I can see from the database no one is working with you as
      yet.

      Cheers

      Mark

      "Hello,

      Although numbers of backpackers (myself included) are also keen
      paddlers, kayaks and canoes are generally outside the focus of what
      is, after all, a site devoted to backpacking reviews. The only
      exceptions are for small, packable watercraft. Paddles are,
      unfortunately, outside our remit. I would certainly review my favorite
      were that not so!

      Best,

      Edward

      Senior Edit Moderator"

      _____

      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 2, 2009
        --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "lorijohnson72" <lsalley@...>
        wrote:

        > I started off by emailing a mentor with this question. They
        > responded and suggested I send the question via email through the
        > Yahoo group and an editor would respond. ???

        Hi Lori,

        You were pointed here because the Mentor Coordinator does not make
        decisions as to the acceptability of an item to review. That is made
        here by Ted or Jerry.

        But she will hook you up with someone to help once you do find
        something to write about...

        Ray
        (a mentor)