EDIT: OWNER REVIEW: PETZL E+LITE BY ARIC SWANGER

  • Andrew Buskov
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 21, 2008
      Aric,

      Here are your edits for your first Owner Review. Please feel free to contact me regarding any questions, comments, or problems you have. Make sure all changes follow the following convention:

      EDIT: Change Me
      Edit: Think about changing me
      Comment: Everything else

      I'm not that familiar with the report writer, but it appears that you may be using a test series template instead of an owner review template. Please check as you are writing an owner review, not a test series report. Please correct all edits and re-submit the text version.

      AB

      _____
      Visit Corridor9
      http://www.corridor9.net
      ____________________________

      > OWNER REVIEW: PETZL E+LITE
      > TEST SERIES BY ARIC W. SWANGER
      > IR
      > December 08, 2008
      EDIT: As you are not part of a test series, please remove "Test Series", and IR from your review. Also, please move "Owner Review" below the name of the product.

      > TESTER INFORMATION
      EDIT: You are not a tester, you are a review. Please change this to Personal Information or something along that line.

      > WAIST 44 IN (1.12 M)
      > INSEAM 32 IN (.81 M)
      > CHEST 50 IN (1.27M)
      > HAT SIZE 71/4 IN
      EDIT: Waist, Inseam, Chest, and hat size are not needed in this review as they are not associated with the product you are testing. Please remove them.

      > I grew up camping in Pennsylvania as a child but most of my camping
      > and all of my backpacking have been in the last 2 years here in North
      > Carolina. I really got excited about backpacking when my son started
      > to get interested in it. I do some car camping with my wife and all
      > the kids. Most trips will be backpacking with my son for 1-3 nights
      > and hopefully some week long trips in the future. I try to get out
      > about 12 times a year. I like to keep my pack under 35LB (15.88 KG)
      > and hope to adopt some ultralight skills and equipment.
      EDIT: Your biography is above the 100 word limit. In addition, please reference the typical shelter you use.

      > INITIAL REPORT
      EDIT: This is not a test; please remove.

      > Measured Weight with carrying case 1.6oz (45.36g)
      EDIT: Missing ":" after case

      > 3 white LED and 1 red LED.
      > Uses 2 CR2032 lithium batteries (included).
      > Waterproof down to -1 m. .
      EDIT: Remove trailing period

      > 2 lighting levels: economic and maximum.
      > White and red strobe mode.
      > Clip attachment system and removable elastic headband.
      > Light source rotates 360° on ball and joint.
      > 10-year guarantee
      EDIT: you seem to have a laundry list of things that the website discusses. However, you don't really describe the product. Talk about the product more. Tell the readers how it works, what kind of switch does it have, the size, etc. The Product description area is there for you to describe the product. Tell what you see when looking at the item.

      > BUYING CRITERIA
      >
      > When I set out to buy a light, I was looking for a small, light and
      > bright headlight. I did not plan to hike at night, but wanted a
      > headlight in case I got caught at dark before getting to the
      > campsight. I also was looking for something I could use around camp
      > and in the tent.
      Edit: I'd suggest folding this into the "Initial Impressions" section.

      > with our church. This light was very useful around camp because there
      > were about 100 fathers and all of there sons at one campground (a lot
      EDIT: Change there to their

      > son and I took to the Uhwarrie National Forest. We camped at a very
      > primitive campsite and were about 1.5 miles (2.4 kilometers) from the
      EDIT: Please change 1.5 miles (2.4 kilometers) to 1.5 mi (2.4 k)

      > people's schedules and we ended up setting up our camp in the rain
      > and dark. I could see about 5 feet (1.52 meters) with the E+Lite in
      EDIT: Please change "5 feet (1.52 meters)" to 5 ft (1.52 m)

      > the pouring rain and pitch black night.
      EDIT: you need a guesstimate for total days usage. 10 days, 40, 100, etc?
      EDIT: you don't really have a lot of information on using the light. Most of the information you have reads more like a trip report as opposed to a review of the e+lite. Talk more about the light. How did it feel when on your head? Did your hair get caught in the cord lock? Does the switch operate smoothly? Does the ball joint feel like it is getting loose over time? How does the integrated clip work? Is the case water resistant? ETC. Describe the light as if you were talking to someone who had never seen a headlamp before.

      > MANUFACTURE'S WEBSITE CLAIMS
      >
      > Long-term dependability, even when kept for years in harsh conditions
      >
      > functions in extreme temperatures: from -30 °C to +60 °C,
      > always ready for use: can be stored with batteries for up to 10 years
      > and still be operational,
      > waterproof down to -1 m,
      > protective case included,
      > can be used in potentially explosive atmospheres (see specifications
      > for certification level),
      > compact and ultra-lightweight (27 g), there's no excuse not to carry
      > it where ever you go,
      > designed to prevent accidental operation with locking switch.
      >
      > Performance lighting
      >
      > Shines enough light to allow easy movement in the dark: shines up to
      > 19 m,
      > provides up to 4 consecutive nights of lighting (45 hours),
      > easy to use,
      > strobe signaling mode.
      >
      > Practical
      >
      > Can be worn on the head, around the wrist or neck or attached to thin-
      > edged objects with integrated clip,
      > light beam can be aimed where needed: light source swivels 360°,
      > red light beam helps preserve night vision.
      EDIT: all this information needs to be folded into the Product Description section. Please phrase in paragraph form as well so that you're not just copying the information from the website and pasting it in your review.

      > it from the tent ceiling as a tent light. I have put it in my
      > sleeping bag so it would be nearby if needed. The switch is easy to
      > use by feel.I am very satisfied with this light and bought my son one
      EDIT: Space after "by feel."
      Edit: Are there any negatives with the light?