Re: [BackpackGearTest] Temperture affects on Pristine

  • Robert Stanley
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2001
      From the instructions on the "packaging" page
      (http://www.pristine.ca/packages.html)

      So... it sounds very similar to iodine based treatments. If the water
      is cold or suspect, its going to take longer to be affective.

      Also, in reading the directions, I noticed that the A&B solutions
      must be "pre-mixed" and allowed to react for 5 minutes before adding
      to the water. For those who end up testing this product, I'd like
      to know the convenience factor. This seems like it would be a pain
      if you are hiking along and need a quick refill. The "let stand"
      for 15-30 minutes is tolerable because you can hike while you are
      waiting for the process to complete.

      Regards,
      David Robinson
      -------------------------------

      Thanks David,

      Somehow I totally missed that whole page on their site.... Sheesh....

      Also yes the time thing does sound like the time factor could get to be a
      pain, I guess the testers will find out : )

      It might not be too bad for me, as I currently use a SWA Bottle for my
      filtering (mainly while on the move, I refill when possible), and I use
      iodine for bulk treatments of platy's usually in camp or at nearest water
      source to camp. So the time factor wont bother me too much as I can always
      take a quick drink from my SWA, unless the water source is highly
      questionable then I wont mind the wait - 20 to 35 mins has never killed me
      yet.

      Rob Stanley