Re: QUESTION: Suggestions for ORs

  • Greg
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 7, 2008
      Hey John,

      Welcome, glad you've decided to poke around a bit more and contribute
      to the gear madness!

      I'm not a moderator or a staff member, just a lowly tester <Grin>, but
      I'd say you have a good idea for a place to start. My first OR was on
      a knife and it was a good starting point for me. There was enough to
      it that I started to learn about the depth required for reports but at
      the same time easy enough to keep me from getting overwhelmed and
      frustrated.

      What the ByLaws are really getting at is not to get in over your head.
      Tents and packs are some of the first things that a lot of people
      think of but they really are complicated. I'd recommend contacting the
      Mentor Coordinator and getting setup with a mentor (mentor (at)
      backpackgeartest.org). It was the first thing I did, and I can't tell
      you how helpful it was.

      Greg M