EDIT: OR - Sierra Designs Comet - Katie Rompala

  • Chari Daignault
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2008
      Katie:

      Nice report! Here is your first round of edits. Please note:

      EDIT: required change.
      Edit: optional change that may improve the report.
      Comment: point of discussion.

      "DAC Featherlite SL poles"
      EDIT: "Featherlite"

      "This tent has been used extensively over the last 3 years both in desert
      climates and in the mountains and has endured rain, sun, and wind."
      EDIT: Please add some specific locations, timeframes [5 nights, 6 days],
      elevations and temperatures for the times during which you utilized the
      tent. You can use the BGT conversion utility for specific conversions. (
      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/convert.html)

      "The fly drapes over the tent and is attached to the poles with Velcro and
      to the tent floor with clip buckles."
      EDIT: Unless the tent specifically uses the product with the brand name of
      Velcro, please change all references to that product to reflect "hook and
      loop fastener" [or any other appropriate description].

      "Guy cord can be used for high-wind stability, but I have no yet tried
      this."
      EDIT: "... but I have *not* yet ..."

      "The biggest draw-back is the tent's bulk. At over 8 pounds, I do not want
      to lug this thing around for backcountry camping."
      Edit: If possible, could you please include some specific experience you've
      had with packing the tent in a backpack -- and also with actually
      backpacking with it? This would offer better insight into your assertion
      about its weight being a draw back.

      "I've had no problem with this so far, since neither my husband nor I has
      had to get up in the middle of the night..."
      EDIT: "... my husband nor I *have* had to ..."

      "... but should this occur, someone might have to be awoken for the other
      person to get out the main door."
      EDIT: "... someone might have to be *awakened* for the ..."

      Edit: If possible, please consider adding a Likes/Dislikes list to the
      Summary section, detailing specific items or experiences about the product
      that you either like or dislike. It makes for a good "quick reference" for
      the reader.

      Comment: The report is written by you and is about your experiences with the
      product. However, there are some instances throughout the report where you
      use "we" instead of "me" or "I". It would read a bit better in my opinion,
      if you kept it consistent through the entire report.

      When finished, please upload an HTML version to the Owner Reviews section of
      the Test folder at BGT and repost to the list. If possible, include a photo!
      (http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/test/OWNER%20REVIEWS/)

      Thank you!

      --
      Chari Daignault
      chari.daignault@...

      "Not all who wander are lost"

    • krstull
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 12, 2008
        thanks so much for the edits. i've had almost all corrections done for a week or two now,
        just haven't had time for those last final things. will post the new version shortly. thanks
        again!!

        --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Chari Daignault" <chari.daignault@...>